As the hospital deals with Meredith's trauma, Maggie and Callie perform a risky, experimental surgery on Alex's 15-year-old patient against his professional opinion. Meanwhile, Owen and Nathan are still at odds with each other, and Maggie and Andrew's relationship continues to develop.
- Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
- Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
- Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
- James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
- Sara Ramírez as Dr. Callie Torres
- Kevin McKidd as Dr. Owen Hunt
- Jessica Capshaw as Dr. Arizona Robbins
- Sarah Drew as Dr. April Kepner
- Jesse Williams as Dr. Jackson Avery
- Caterina Scorsone as Dr. Amelia Shepherd
- Camilla Luddington as Dr. Jo Wilson
- Jerrika Hinton as Dr. Stephanie Edwards
- Kelly McCreary as Dr. Maggie Pierce
- Jason George as Dr. Ben Warren
- Martin Henderson as Dr. Nathan Riggs
- Giacomo Gianniotti as Dr. Andrew DeLuca
- Bill Smitrovich as Therapist
- Joe Adler as Dr. Isaac Cross
- Samantha Sloyan as Dr. Penelope Blake
- Lauren Miller Rogen as Judi Roberts
- Samantha Isler as Maya Roberts
- Emotional trauma
- Talk therapy
Meredith was in therapy, mandated by Bailey. Meredith believed she was fine and would be in and out. However, she had several sessions with him and at the end, he said she needed to figure out what was next and he felt comfortable signing the papers for Bailey.
- Upper endoscopy
A patient, 55, was brought in with chest pain. They determined he had indigestion and gave him an antacid and scheduled an upper endoscopy.
- Tumor resection
- 3D printed sternum and ribs
Maya, 15, had chondrosarcoma. She'd had her right leg amputated below the knee two years prior, but the cancer had recurred in her chest. She came to GSM hoping for a miracle. Alex consulted with Maggie and Callie and suggested titanium plates, the standard of treatment to bridge the gap after surgical resection of the cancer. Alex wanted the safest option, so they settled on the plates. However, when Maya heard about it, she asked about revision surgeries and decided she wanted another option. She consulted with Maggie and Callie and they made a plan to use a 3D printer to make Maya a new rib cage. Alex believed it was too risky, but Maya decided she wanted it. When they went to place the printed frame after removing the cancer, they found it didn't fit. In order to finish the procedure, they decided to pull on Maya's ribs to create the space they needed. It worked and they were able to place the new ribs. Maya was stable and awake after surgery.
- Partial-thickness burns to upper chest
- Burn treatment
Ted was brought into the ER after the rig he was on exploded. He had partial-thickness burns to his upper chest, which were treated in the ER.
- Depressed skull fracture
- Liver laceration
- Wound vacuum
- Venovenous bypass
Jonathan was brought into the ER after the rig he was on exploded. He had serious abdominal injuries and a depressed skull fracture. They used a wound vacuum to close his abdomen and put a ventriculostomy in his head. They planned to go back in the next day to operate to repair his abdomen and remove the drain. In surgery, his drain was easily removed, but when they removed the wound vacuum, he started bleeding profusely and wasn't clotting. Owen had Riggs paged in and together, they did a venovenous bypass, which was successful and allowed them to repair his liver.
|"Daughter"||Sleeping at Last||
|"Run Run Run"||Jill Scott||
Notes and Trivia
- This episode's title originated from the song All I Want is You, originally sung by U2.
- This episode scored million viewers.
- The table read for this episode took place on November 6, 2015.
A complete overview of this episode's crew can be found here.
|Grey's Anatomy Season 12|
|#01||"Sledgehammer"||#09||"The Sound of Silence"||#17||"I Wear the Face"|
|#02||"Walking Tall"||#10||"All I Want is You"||#18||"There's a Fine, Fine Line"|
|#03||"I Choose You"||#11||"Unbreak My Heart"||#19||"It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)"|
|#04||"Old Time Rock and Roll"||#12||"My Next Life"||#20||"Trigger Happy"|
|#05||"Guess Who's Coming to Dinner"||#13||"All Eyez on Me"||#21||"You're Gonna Need Someone on Your Side"|
|#06||"The Me Nobody Knows"||#14||"Odd Man Out"||#22||"Mama Tried"|
|#07||"Something Against You"||#15||"I Am Not Waiting Anymore"||#23||"At Last"|
|#08||"Things We Lost in the Fire"||#16||"When It Hurts So Bad"||#24||"Family Affair"|
|<< Season 11||Season 13 >>|