|“||When I was in second grade, this girl Missy could cross her legs behind her head like a pretzel. And one day, her leg just popped and then it was lying there, behind her. My mother said, "Stop crying. It was just an anterior hip dislocation." Then she said something I've never forgotten: "Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should." Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. It's the kind of advice a mother gives a kid. But as my mother would be the first to tell you, she never followed it. It got her in a lot of trouble. It also won her awards. That's how records are broken, how moons are stepped on, diseases are cured, by people who are willing to try. We call these people innovators. Fearless. Genius. We call them reckless. Thoughtless. Dangerous. It's hard to know which one we are. It's hard to know if what we're doing is just crazy or if it's going to change everything.||”|
Ties are strained as Andrew and Carina confront an unforgiving family history. Meanwhile, Teddy and Owen work together on a married couple who is expecting, and Amelia attends a conference for alternative pain relief.
- Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
- Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
- Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
- James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
- Kevin McKidd as Dr. Owen Hunt
- Jesse Williams as Dr. Jackson Avery
- Caterina Scorsone as Dr. Amelia Shepherd
- Camilla Luddington as Dr. Jo Karev
- Kelly McCreary as Dr. Maggie Pierce
- Giacomo Gianniotti as Dr. Andrew DeLuca
- Kim Raver as Dr. Teddy Altman
- Greg Germann as Dr. Thomas Koracick
- Chris Carmack as Dr. Atticus Lincoln
- Lindsay Wagner as Helen Karev
- Stefania Spampinato as Dr. Carina DeLuca
- Jake Borelli as Dr. Levi Schmitt
- Alex Blue Davis as Dr. Casey Parker
- Sophia Ali as Dr. Dahlia Qadri
- Jaicy Elliot as Dr. Taryn Helm
- Lorenzo Caccialianza as Dr. Vincenzo DeLuca
- Sarah-Nicole Robles as Elizabeth Hall
- Patrick R. Walker as Mr. Hall
- Alex Landi as Nico Kim
- Morgan Matthews as Morning News Host
- JoAnna Rhambo as Nurse
- Grace Rowe as Paramedic Grace
- Kevin J. Clarke as Paramedic
- Fish skin grafting
Rick had burns over large portions of his body. Jackson used Tilapia skin to graft his burns so they could heal.
- Fractured clavicle
- Distal humerus fracture
Mr. Hall had a fractured clavicle and stable vitals after a rollover car accident. In the ER, they also discovered a distal humerus fracture. His injuries were treated in the ER.
- Uterine bleed
Lizzie, 22, was five months pregnant when she was in a car accident in which the car rolled over. In the ER, Teddy learned that she was pregnant and ordered an ultrasound. The fetal heart rate was good, but she had bleeding in her abdomen, so Teddy worried she'd have to perform a hysterectomy. The right uterine artery was the source of the bleed, so Teddy embolized it, continuing the pregnancy, but she worried about a re-bleed. Later, she started bleeding again and Teddy warned that she'd have to remove her uterus if they couldn't stop the bleeding another way. However, before they could do the surgery, Vincenzo DeLuca interjected, telling Lizzie and her husband that he could save their baby with his sac. That was quickly corrected and the surgery went forward. Carina delivered the baby and then Teddy removed her uterus.
- Comfort care
Baby Hall was delivered at 21 weeks. After her birth, she was wrapped in a blanket and given to her father, who held her while she died.
|"Walk Away"||Buzzy Lee||
|"White Frost"||Tall Heights||
|"You & Me (The Wildfire)"||Aron Wright||
|"I Want You all To Myself"||Lucie Silvas||
Notes and TriviaEdit
- This episode's title originated from the song And Dream of Sheep, originally sung by Kate Bush.
- This episode scored 6.57 million viewers.
- Jo's British heritage is a nod to Camilla Luddington's origins.
- The episode introduces Amelia with short hair.
- Thomas Koracick does not have any lines in this episode.
Behind the ScenesEdit
A complete overview of this episode's crew can be found here.
|Grey's Anatomy Season 15|
|#01||"With a Wonder and a Wild Desire"||#10||"Help, I'm Alive"||#19||"Silent All These Years"|
|#02||"Broken Together"||#11||"The Winner Takes It All"||#20||"The Whole Package"|
|#03||"Gut Feeling"||#12||"Girlfriend in a Coma"||#21||"Good Shepherd"|
|#04||"Momma Knows Best"||#13||"I Walk the Line"||#22||"Head Over High Heels"|
|#05||"Everyday Angel"||#14||"I Want a New Drug"||#23||"What I Did for Love"|
|#06||"Flowers Grow Out of My Grave"||#15||"We Didn't Start the Fire"||#24||"Drawn to the Blood"|
|#07||"Anybody Have a Map?"||#16||"Blood and Water"||#25||"Jump Into the Fog"|
|#08||"Blowin' in the Wind"||#17||"And Dream of Sheep"|
|#09||"Shelter from the Storm"||#18||"Add It Up"|
|<< Season 14||Season 16 >>|