Despite how Charlotte is choosing to deal with the aftermath of her sexual assault, her fellow doctors think they know what's best, teaming up to pursue criminal charges against her attacker. Pete gets a surprise visitor, his estranged brother, who has come to ask Pete to help release their sick mother from prison.
Episode in detail.
- Kate Walsh as Dr. Addison Montgomery
- Tim Daly as Dr. Pete Wilder
- Audra McDonald as Dr. Naomi Bennett (credit only)
- Paul Adelstein as Dr. Cooper Freedman
- KaDee Strickland as Dr. Charlotte King
- Brian Benben as Dr. Sheldon Wallace
- Caterina Scorsone as Dr. Amelia Shepherd
- Taye Diggs as Dr. Sam Bennett
- Amy Brenneman as Dr. Violet Turner
- Louise Fletcher as Frances Wilder
- Nicholas Brendon as Lee McHenry
- Kyle Secor as Adam Wilder
- Kathryn Meisle as Sharon
- Allie Grant as Julie
- Blue Deckert as Detective Price
- Addison Forbes Montgomery (OB/GYN)
Julie, 15, came to see Addison because she was concerned that she hadn't started menstruating yet. Addison told her not to worry because it was normal to start anywhere between ages 10 and 16.
- Scar tissue
- Amelia Shepherd (neurosurgeon)
Sharon had a seizure at the practice. Her daughter immediately jumped to action. She said she'd taken her medication late that morning. She'd been having seizures for seven years, since a car accident. At the hospital, Amelia ran some scans to map the seizures. She seized again in the hospital and stopped breathing. Amelia had found the lesion. She said she could operate, but it was risky because of the location of the lesion. Sharon decided to wait on the surgery until her daughter was an adult. However, Julie wanted her mom to have the surgery and asked her to do it. She had the surgery and was stable afterward.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Atherosclerotic heart disease
- Sam Bennett (cardiothoracic surgeon)
Frances was in prison and dying. Pete took her scans to Sam and pressed him to diagnose something that required an internal defibrillator, something they couldn't monitor in prison, meaning they'd likely give her a humanitarian release. Sam agreed to sign whatever Pete wanted to write. Pete couldn't go through with it.
|"Juju's Theme"||Undersea Poem||
|"Red Rocking Chair"||Black Prairie||
|"In the Morning"||Fran Healy||
Notes and Trivia
- This episode scored 8.01 million viewers.
- Nicholas Brendon who plays Lee is best known as Xander on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. When Lee picks up his son at the park you can hear him say "Did you slay any monsters?" This could be a nod to his fans from Buffy.
- (talking about a patient)
- Amelia: You are not a neurosurgeon!
- Addison: You were promising her a cure!
- Amelia: Because I can give her one, because I am a neurosurgeon! Look, I don't tell you how to handle vaginas!
- Charlotte: You know.
- Cooper: I love you. I'm in love with you. I will love you forever. No matter what. This doesn't... I'm yours, okay? I'm yours. I understand why you can't ID that man, I get it. You don't wanna go through that, I understand. I do. But he can't go free. That man, he can't go free. You have to able to sleep at night. You have to be able to breathe, to be you. He can't go free. So I don't want you to worry. You'll be protected. I will get a gun, make it look like a mugging. Or I... That man is not going free. It doesn't matter what happens to me. That man is not going free. I am not gonna let you...
A complete overview of this episode's crew can be found here.
|Private Practice Season 4|
|#01||"Take Two"||#09||"Can't Find My Way Back Home"||#17||"A Step Too Far"|
|#02||"Short Cuts"||#10||"Just Lose It"||#18||"The Hardest Part"|
|#03||"Playing God"||#11||"If You Don't Know Me By Now"||#19||"What We Have Here..."|
|#04||"A Better Place to Be"||#12||"Heaven Can Wait"||#20||"Something Old, Something New"|
|#05||"In or Out"||#13||"Blind Love"||#21||"God Bless the Child"|
|#06||"All in the Family"||#14||"Home Again"||#22||"...To Change the Things I Can"|
|#07||"Did You Hear What Happened to Charlotte King?"||#15||"Two Steps Back"|
|#08||"What Happens Next"||#16||"Love and Lies"|
|<< Season 3||Season 5 >>|