Addison plans Bizzy and Susan's wedding while trying to keep her distance from the overly flirtatious Dr. Rodriguez. Sam is concerned about the care his longtime patient is receiving, and Sheldon refers Charlotte to his mentor and friend for psychiatric help.
Episode in detail.
- Kate Walsh as Dr. Addison Montgomery
- Tim Daly as Dr. Pete Wilder
- Audra McDonald as Dr. Naomi Bennett
- Paul Adelstein as Dr. Cooper Freedman
- KaDee Strickland as Dr. Charlotte King
- Brian Benben as Dr. Sheldon Wallace
- Caterina Scorsone as Dr. Amelia Shepherd
- Taye Diggs as Dr. Sam Bennett
- Amy Brenneman as Dr. Violet Turner (credit only)
- JoBeth Williams as Bizzy Forbes
- Ann Cusack as Susan Grant
- Paul Dooley as Abe Nussbaum
- Cristián de la Fuente as Dr. Eric Rodriguez
- Obba Babatundé as Dr. Larry Cannon
- Amy Farrington as Lisa Nussbaum
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Sam Bennett (internist)
- In-home care
Abe had a serious cough. Sam made a house call, but Abe refused to come in to the office to get tests run. He later did come in and was diagnosed with COPD. He had in-home care, but she was stealing money from him. His daughter later convinced him to move in with her.
- Larry Cannon (psychiatrist)
- Talk therapy
Charlotte went to see a therapist about being raped and not being able to have sex with Cooper. When Charlotte expressed that it was ridiculous, her therapist agreed and prescribed mood stabilizers, anti-depressants, and tranquilizers. She was shocked and complained to Sheldon, who had recommended him, who said that narrative talk therapy was the basis of his practice.
- Stage IV ovarian cancer
Susan was in the hospital recovering from her treatment. She was later discharged, but she knew the cancer was back. She had signed a DNR and hid it from everyone. She later collapsed at her wedding.
- Psychotic break
- Sheldon Wallace (psychiatrist)
Larry was abusing pills. Sheldon called the police and brought them to Larry's place to arrest him, saying he'd had a psychotic break.
|"Your Easy Lovin' Ain't Pleasin' Nothin'"||Mayer Hawthorne||
|"Heading for the Hills"||Billy Harvey||
|"Piano Concerto 21, Elvira Madigan"||Mozart||
|"Shake It"||Metro Station||
|"God Only Knows"||Dale Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.||
Notes and TriviaEdit
- This episode scored 7.05 million viewers.
- This episode was aired a week later than scheduled, because ABC decided to broadcast the Off the Map pilot again in Private Practice's timeslot.
A complete overview of this episode's crew can be found here.
|Private Practice Season 4|
|#01||"Take Two"||#09||"Can't Find My Way Back Home"||#17||"A Step Too Far"|
|#02||"Short Cuts"||#10||"Just Lose It"||#18||"The Hardest Part"|
|#03||"Playing God"||#11||"If You Don't Know Me By Now"||#19||"What We Have Here..."|
|#04||"A Better Place to Be"||#12||"Heaven Can Wait"||#20||"Something Old, Something New"|
|#05||"In or Out"||#13||"Blind Love"||#21||"God Bless the Child"|
|#06||"All in the Family"||#14||"Home Again"||#22||"...To Change the Things I Can"|
|#07||"Did You Hear What Happened to Charlotte King?"||#15||"Two Steps Back"|
|#08||"What Happens Next"||#16||"Love and Lies"|
|<< Season 3||Season 5 >>|