Biography[edit | edit source]
Kelly was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin to Geoffrey and Mary McCreary. She first appeared on stage in a 6th-grade musical. In her teenage years, she relocated to New York and attended Barnard College and graduated in 2003. While in college, she appeared in numerous commercials and plays.
In May 2019, she married Pete Chatmon, whom she met on the set of Grey's Anatomy.
Career[edit | edit source]
Filmography[edit | edit source]
- A Cohort of Guests (short) (2019)
- The Middlegame (short) (2017)
- Baby, Baby, Baby (2015)
- Life (2015)
- My America (2014)
- How to Follow Strangers (2013)
- Being Flynn (2012)
Television[edit | edit source]
- Grey's Anatomy (2014-)
- Station 19 (2018-2020)
- Harvey Girls Forever! (2018-2020)
- Theatre Corner (2018)
- Grey's Anatomy: B-Team (2018)
- Scandal (2013-2014)
- Castle (2014)
- Emily Owens M.D. (2012-2013)
- My America (2012)
- I Just Want My Pants Back (2012)
- White Collar (2009-2011)
- Rubicon (2010)
- Cyberchase (2005-2010)
- The Onion News Network (2010)
- The Electric Company (2009)
Notes and Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Kelly loves to play tennis.
- She is fascinated by the law, particularly the criminal justice system.
- She went to audition for the show unaware of her character's biological relations. She thought the name of her character was Claudette, as this was the name used in the sides. It wasn't until after she was cast that she was informed of Maggie's real identity.
- She also played a doctor on Emily Owens M.D.
- Like Maggie, she's a big Harry Potter fan. She has read all the books and seen all the movies.
- She is the sister of Crystal McCreary, who played Sabrina Webber on Grey's Anatomy.
- She particularly loved acting in the episodes Judgment Day and Something Against You.