The Klausman Institute for Medical Research is a medical research facility and hospital located in Zurich, canton Zurich, Switzerland.
- Dr. Cristina Yang (Director of Cardiothoracic Surgery/Chief Medical Officer)
- Dr. Shane Ross (Surgical Resident)
- Dr. Sam Bello (Surgical Intern)
- Dr. J. Krogan
- Dr. Preston Burke (former Director of Cardiothoracic Surgery/Chief Medical Officer)
Notes and TriviaEdit
- It is solely financed by a billionaire and doesn't depend on state funding.
- Surgeons and cardio specialists from all over the world work there.
- The hospital owns 49 3-D printers. They had a 50th, but it was buggy, so they sent it back.
- It is the leading center for Cardiothoracic Surgery in Switzerland according to a sign in the institute.
- While the hospital was only shown to focus on cardiothoracic medicine, Cristina's article described her as working for the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, proving that there are also other divisions in the hospital.
- Creating a live, beating, functional heart using the 3-D printers isn't impossible at the hospital, according to Preston Burke.