|“||Our skulls cushion our brains. Our rib cage guards our hearts. The body is built to protect our most vulnerable parts. At least that's how it's supposed to work. The body adapts. It protects itself. But it can't close off completely, or we're not really living, right? So we leave the door open just a little, hoping like hell it's worth the risk.||”|
April and Andrew consult with a fiery patient who has a giant, inoperable heart tumor. Meanwhile, Alex and Eliza are at odds over the treatment of a young patient, and Stephanie and Ben make decisions that could affect their careers.
Meredith carries the drawing of the tumor out of her bedroom and knocks on Amelia's door. She thought Amelia might like it. She goes back to her bedroom as Maggie and Amelia come out of theirs, wondering what Meredith's doing at 3:30.
In Bailey's office, Eliza, Richard, and Bailey are discussing the residents. Jo's good in ortho and plastics, and she's not bad at neuro either. Stephanie has expressed interest in and a talent for neuro, but she could do anything. Bailey agrees she will make them proud. Next up is Ben Warren. Eliza holds back, but Bailey tells her to say whatever she wants. Eliza says he's good wherever he's put, but he tends to play it safe. He doesn't take risks. Richard and Bailey says he's made very risky moves, but Eliza meant after that move. He chose to play it safe. He may not even be aware of it himself. Eliza moves on.
In the ER, Andrew asks Stephanie if Jo and Alex are back together. She derives why he's asking and tells him to let it go. He made a grand gesture and Jo hasn't even talked to him. He should do himself a favor.
Eliza paged Arizona to the ER. She tells Arizona that whatever plans she had are cancelled, because they are going to have sex tonight. Eliza thinks she came on too strong as Arizona hesitates, but a coughing kid walking in prevents Arizona from answering. The kid's name is Liam, he says. He feels bad. Eliza asks about his parents, but Liam says he doesn't have any.
April joins Andrew in a trauma room. The patient is Holly Harner, who's complaining of chest and abdominal pain after a fall. She also has a forearm fracture. April asks how she fell. Holly says she was having the third best sex of her life when she had to pee. She tried to find the bathroom in the dark, but she opened the front door instead and fell down two flights of stairs. Her sex partner slept right through it, but his neighbor found her. The guy's a one night stand, so he probably thinks she just ducked out in the middle of the night. She then realized she left her pants on his floor. The X-rays came up, revealing she broke her arm in two places. April finds free fluid in the left upper quadrant. April asks for a scan and to have general paged. Andrew leaves and Holly asks April if he's single.
As Meredith's waiting for her patient's scans, she calls for Maggie and asks if she's home tonight. Maggie says yes and asks why. Meredith was thinking about having Nathan over, but she doesn't want it to be weird. Maggie says she can have over whoever she wants. It's a little weird but fine. April comes in as Meredith decides not to invite Nathan over. Maggie leaves. Holly tells her doctors that they'll see something weird. The scans come up as Holly tells them she has a giant, inoperable heart tumor. They can ignore it. The doctors are shocked at the size of it.
On the peds floor, Alex is asking Liam about his pain. Liam says it just hurts and he's dizzy. Alex asks who takes care of him. He replies Charlotte and that they live on a farm. Alex knows he's using Charlotte's Web as inspiration. He goes to the other doctors. Stephanie wants to order a head CT, but Alex says they need consent. The social worker says they already called the police. Since Liam appears to be well taken care of, it won't take long for the parents to be found. Liam then has a seizure. Alex and Eliza lay him down as Stephanie runs to get lorazepam.
Meredith tells Holly that she has a splenic bleed. They'll try to fix it with a splenic embolization so she won't have to have surgery. Holly's all for that. Maggie wants to talk about the heart tumor. Holly says she has less than a years to live and that's okay. She has seen six surgeons and they all go through the same stages. One, they think they're the only ones who can fix her. Two, they make a plan unlike any other before. Three, they realize it doesn't work and they get sad, and then it's Holly's job to make them feel better. She wants to skip all that. She asks how long before she can get back in the saddle. She wants to have sex with as many men as she can before her tumor says she can't anymore. April says that without complications, it should take a week tops.
Richard walks in as Ben and Jackson are evaluating their patient's degloved hand. It got jammed in a revolving door. Jackson says they're in the gray area between salvation and amputation. Richard asks what Ben's thinking. Ben says reconstructive surgery has a high chance of failure, so he'd go for amputation given the numbers. Jackson says the only number that counts is 27, the patient's age. A 27 year old always wants to keep his hand. Jackson asks him to book an OR and get images of the thighs for the grafts. He walks out and Ben tells Richard it was a gray area, but Richard realizes that Eliza was right.
Maggie tells Amelia that Meredith wanted to bring Nathan over. Amelia's still wrapping her head around the fact that she's dating him. Amelia now realizes why Meredith got rid of the tumor. She's clearing a path and moving on. Maggie says they have to support this.
Meredith and April are working on Holly in the cath lab. Maggie comes in and tells Meredith that she's going be home really late, because she's going to do research for Holly's tumor. It's going to take a long time. Meredith says okay. April decides not to ask what that was about.
Liam's parents are with him in his room. They are relieved to have found him. They heard he took the train here. Alex tells them about the seizure. Stephanie says he has a very large pituitary adenoma. He's gonna need brain surgery. Marie guesses that explains the headaches and fatigue. David asks when they can take Liam home. Stephanie says that depends on how quickly the swelling goes down after the surgery. David says there will be no surgery. He and Marie don't believe in that kind of intervention. Liam won't die if that's God's will. David thanks the doctors for respecting their beliefs and asks how soon they can discharge their son.
Marie's signing the AMA form and thanks Stephanie for understanding. Stephanie asks if she understands this means their son will likely die. Eliza interferes. As soon as Marie has returned to her son, she asks Stephanie who taught her it's okay to speak to patents that way. Stephanie says Marie is not her patient.
Meredith tells Holly that the embolization went well. They'll monitor her and she should be good to go in a couple of days. Holly says she should've put on the light. She didn't want to wake the guy because she didn't want to talk to him. He was not a keeper, although she's not looking for one since she'll be gone soon. She's just looking for what's good for her in the moment. April comes in and says her boyfriend's here, asking if he can come up. Holly wants them to tell him that she died. He can't hang on. Meredith says they'll talk to him. Holly says he's really cute and well endowed, so they can have a go if they want.
Richard catches up with Eliza and tells her she was right about Ben. She says she has fresh eyes, which helps. He's known them for years. Eliza says she read Stephanie's file and discovered that she went back to work almost immediately after her boyfriend died, without counseling. Richard says she was fine. Eliza noticed some red flags. Richard says she can be arrogant and snarky, like any surgeon. Eliza says she gets triggered by patients. Richard says that Stephanie knows more about patients than most of them. He wishes her a good night.
April and Meredith are debating whether or not to tell Corey that Holly died. They arrive in the waiting room. Corey wonders if Holly thinks it's weird that he's here, since they just met. However, he thinks they got really close. Meredith goes to tell that they have bad news, but April cuts in and says Holly's not up for visitors after the long day she's had. He understands, but he's happy she's okay. Meredith tells him he can go home now. As they walk off, Meredith says he's cute indeed.
Arizona gets on an elevator with Eliza and tells her they can't get together tonight. She's stuck with a patient all night. Eliza admits she was looking forward to it. Arizona tells her she looks for her all day. She always hopes to catch a glimpse of her. And when she sees Eliza, it makes her catch her breath a little, her heart beats up, and her palms get sweaty. Seeing Eliza and talking to her and touching her is all she can think about. She can't wait for their naked plans, but one more night of anticipation doesn't have to be the worst thing. They almost kiss as the elevators arrive and Arizona gets off.
At home, Meredith calls Nathan and cancels their plans. She says she's not up for visitors after a tough day. She hangs up. Her and Derek's framed Post-it catches her eye. She picks it up and looks it, then puts in her drawer.
Alex has found out that Liam's gone. Eliza says they can't treat a minor without the parents' consent, especially if it goes against their religious beliefs. They have to respect that. Stephanie adds they signed an AMA. Alex says the kid came here by himself for actual help, but Eliza says state law protects the parents from prosecution if their faith prohibits them from seeking medical care. She'd think that Alex, with his history, of all people, would want to follow the letter of the law right now.
Maggie meets Amelia in the attendings' lounge and asks about last night. Amelia says Nathan didn't come over. She heard Meredith cancel on him and then Meredith stayed in her room all night. Amelia admits she was eavesdropping and she also had to move the tumor out of the hall. Maggie says she thinks she has a solution for Holly's tumor after working on it all night.
Maggie delivers the news to Holly, but Holly passes. She doesn't want new plans. She doesn't need the future Maggie thinks she can give her. She has exactly what she wants right. She lists what kinds of sex she's still planning on having. Surgery will screw up those plans, so no surgery.
Ben's working in the ER when Liam walks in again. He goes to ask Liam what's wrong. Liam says he's looking for Dr. Karev. Stephanie comes over and asks Liam to follow her. He knocks over a tray as he does so. Stephanie asks if he's okay and then notices he can't see her well.
Alex is checking out Liam's eyes. Liam says everything went dark so fast. Alex thinks the tumor's bleeding, which is pressing on the optic nerve. Liam says he's sorry. He promised his parents he'd try and pray. He did so, but it didn't work. God didn't help him. He asks Alex to help him. Alex says he'll do everything he can to help him, but he needs to talk to Stephanie first. They distance themselves and Alex tells her they don't need the parents' consent if it's emergent. He wants to call neuro and prep Liam for surgery without paging Minnick. They'll say that Liam had a seizure. Stephanie decides to go with it. Alex will write the orders so he'll take the heat.
April and Meredith are with Holly while Maggie's pacing outside. Holly says she can see Maggie, who then enters the room and brings up the tumor surgery again. She thinks Holly's scared, but Holly denies that. She was scared when she was first diagnosed, but then she found what makes her feel better. Sex and death, that's what she wants. Meredith says you can say you're ready for death, but as someone who's seen a lot of death and has been left behind by it, she can tell Holly that she doesn't want to die. Surviving is the scary thing. Meredith questions if Holly doesn't want to live. Holly turns to Maggie, who assures her she can get it. Maggie explains the procedure in short. Holly then decides they can try.
Amelia's working on Liam with Stephanie and Alex by her side. She gets paged by social work when Eliza comes in. As Amelia takes out the tumor, Eliza asks Alex how he got consent. He says he didn't need it because it became emergent. They did what they needed to do to save the kid. Eliza brings up last time and Amelia wonders what's going on. Alex says the kid had a seizure. Eliza says either he or Stephanie better start talking right now.
Bailey, Alex, and Eliza are talking to the Fishers. They want to move their son out of the hospital, but Bailey says that puts him at risk for severe infection or death. David yells at Alex that he had no right to touch his kid since he knew about their beliefs. Bailey says this would have been an entirely different conversation if Alex hadn't intervened when he did. Marie seems relieved that her son will be okay, but David angrily tells her to shut up. Alex says they'll have to wait and see if the surgery restored Liam's vision. Marie walks with her son as he's taken back to his room. David tells Alex he's done practicing medicine after he's done suing this place. He walks off. Eliza knows that Alex did something. Bailey says he could go to jail over this. Alex says he'd go to jail for this one.
Stephanie is testing Liam's vision, which is perfect. Liam hugs and thanks her. Eliza calls Stephanie out of the room. Outside, Eliza tells her it's time to start talking. She asks why Alex entered these orders. Stephanie says she was running point, per Eliza's method. Eliza needs to know exactly what Alex did. Stephanie says it's all in the chart. Liam's alive and he can see. That's the job.
Maggie, Meredith, and April are operating on Holly. There's barely a left atrium left. April wonders where she gets the stamina for all the sex. April admits she's kind of jealous of Holly, who gets to do whatever she wants. Maggie takes the heart of the thoracic cavity and places it in a bassin. She then sees the tumor's invaded all the way to the posterior pericardium. Maggie says it's time for plan B. She wants to try to debulk the tumor off the pulmonary veins.
Down in the ER, Richard asks Ben to come with him.
He takes Ben to the OR board and says there are residents doing surgeries while Ben's covering the pit. He's a senior resident, so he should be stitching up aortas instead of toes. Ben says he likes to go where he's needed. Richard says he's needed in the OR. Jo and Stephanie didn't wait for their chance to shine, they took it. Richard's not the only one making Ben's fellowship recommendation anymore, and Eliza thinks he's playing it safe. Ben says she's wrong, but Richard doubts that.
In the OR, Maggie keeps following the tumor. Amelia has come in to watch. She thinks it's beautiful. Maggie says it's invaded the posterior mediastinum. April says these tumors kill people. Maggie freezes as she's found that the tumor extends all the way into Holly's oesophagus. Meredith says they can't reconstruct her entire chest cavity, while Amelia says it's likely it has also invaded her spine, meaning they risk paralysis if they remove it. April says they can remove part of the tumor, which will buy Holly some time. Maggie refuses to give up. She's willing to pull off the impossible, but Meredith says they can't take away Holly's quality of life. Holly's learned to live with this. Maggie realizes this means she has to tell Holly she couldn't do it.
David tells Stephanie he wants to get out of here as soon as possible, since he doesn't want them to make more decisions for his son. Stephanie says Liam made his own decisions, they just supported them. David says Liam's a kid, and that's not Stephanie's job. Stephanie says they did his job, which is keeping his son safe and healthy, and to move heaven and earth to make sure everything will be alright. David says that is up to God. Stephanie says that if God did anything, it was delivering Liam safely to them. God must have seen that He made David so weak and stupid that he was going to kill his child. David tells Stephanie she's going to burn in Hell. As he walks off, Stephanie throws her tablet at the wall next to him. Stephanie then walks off, past Eliza.
Eliza tells Bailey and Richard that Stephanie should be suspended. Richard can't believe Stephanie did what she did. Eliza brings up again that she had no counseling or support after her boyfriend died. Richard says they watched her, but Eliza says students like her don't show you what they need until it's too late. She works to the exclusion of everything else, she connects with the patient in the extreme, and now this. They're all indications of resident burn-out. Stephanie knocks and comes in. She wanted to say she was aiming for the wall. She shouldn't have done it, but she was angry. The kid didn't have any help at all, and she lost control. She's sorry.
Eliza and Arizona exit the hospital while Eliza's talking about Stephanie. She's a product of her environment, with poor supervision. Alex is no example of restraint either. Arizona stops her. She's wearing very sexy underwear and she's been thinking about tonight all day. She wants to go and have sex, and the more Eliza talks about Alex or Webber, the less she wants to have sex. Eliza smiles and they get in the car.
Andrew catches up with Jo as she leaves the hospital. He asks if she wants to grab a beer, but she has an early surgery. She would like to go tomorrow, though. Andrew then says talking to her is one of the only good things to have come out of this year. This past year's been rough, but he's not sorry. He feels like they went through it together. She stops him. She knows what he's about to say and he shouldn't. He understands and goes back inside.
Alex tells Marie that Liam should make a full recovery. Alex brings up that Liam made it all the way to the hospital on his own while blind. Marie says it's miracle. Alex thinks someone drove him here. Marie says the Lord helps those who help themselves.
Maggie, April, and Meredith are with Holly. Maggie feels bad because the tumor's still in there. Holly says doctors are always have to try. Maggie says this bought her some time and helped with symptoms. Holly says this tumor's part of her. She made room for it. Meredith then realizes they made Holly make them feel better about themselves. Holly smiles and says it always happens.
In the residents' locker room, Ben tells Stephanie he's raising his game. From now on, he's gunning for Stephanie and stealing the best surgeries. Stephanie says she won't be there for that. Her privileges got revoked. She has to go do counseling. She tells him to have fun at raising her game. He'll finally have a shot at beating hers now.
Alex is on the phone with someone. He says he doesn't need a lawyer, but he wants a referral. He needs to find a guy. He takes a notepad to write things down.
Marie and David are sitting with their son, praying.
Eliza and Arizona are having sex.
Amelia, Meredith, April, and Maggie are on their way out. April wants to go get a drink. Maggie's up for that, and she also wants a nice, attractive man. She doesn't want to wait until she's dying before she lets herself have some fun. Amelia and Meredith pass while Maggie says she doesn't want a doctor. She decides to Yelp the place that Holly went to. Meredith then sees that Corey's still in the waiting room.
Meredith walks up to him and he asks about Holly. She tells him that it's time to let Holly go. He won't see her again. All the time he and Holly spent together closed his heart, but he shouldn't let it hold him back. No more sitting and waiting. He has to grab his new life by the hand and go out there and live it. Corey doesn't quite follow her. She walks off and is joined by Nathan. She takes his hand and they leave together, holding hands.
- Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
- Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
- Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
- James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
- Kevin McKidd as Dr. Owen Hunt (credit only)
- Jessica Capshaw as Dr. Arizona Robbins
- Sarah Drew as Dr. April Kepner
- Jesse Williams as Dr. Jackson Avery
- Caterina Scorsone as Dr. Amelia Shepherd
- Camilla Luddington as Dr. Jo Wilson
- Jerrika Hinton as Dr. Stephanie Edwards
- Kelly McCreary as Dr. Maggie Pierce
- Jason George as Dr. Ben Warren
- Martin Henderson as Dr. Nathan Riggs
- Giacomo Gianniotti as Dr. Andrew DeLuca
- Marika Dominczyk as Dr. Eliza Minnick
- Matthew Alan as David Fisher
- Aarti Mann as Holly Harner
- Anastasia Phillips as Marie Fisher
- Hudson West as Liam Fisher
- Drew Lipson as Corey
- Jenn An as Social Worker
- Maria Elena Maglaris as O.R. Nurse
- Pituitary adenoma
- Surgical resection
Liam came into the ER alone. He told Arizona and Eliza he felt bad and that he had no parents. He told Alex that his head hurt and sometimes, he felt dizzy. While they talked about his case, he started seizing. He had a pituitary adenoma and needed brain surgery. However, his parents, Christian Scientists, asked to take him home because their beliefs prevented medical intervention. They signed the AMA forms and took him home. He later came back into the ER and while he was being led somewhere by Stephanie, he ran into a tray because his vision had gone black. Alex examined him and said he had apoplexy. His tumor was bleeding and compressing the optic nerve. Alex convinced Stephanie to fake an emergency, pretending Liam had another seizure, in order to make his condition emergent enough that they could operate without parental consent. His tumor resection was successful and he was able to see afterward.
- Left atrial sarcoma
- Broken arm
- Splenic laceration
- Splenic embolization
Holly had chest and abdominal pain after a fall down stairs. She also had an arm broken in two places. She had free fluid in her abdomen, so they took her for a pan scan. The scan also showed a previously-diagnosed inoperable heart tumor. The scan showed bleeding from a splenic laceration and Meredith wanted to try splenic embolization so they could avoid surgery. Maggie talked to her about her heart tumor, but she said she'd accepted it and was just living her life. They did the embolization, which was successful. Maggie looked at her tumor, despite Holly not wanting her to and believed she could remove it. Holly initially refused, but Maggie convinced Holly to allow her to try. In surgery, they discovered that her tumor had infiltrated more than they knew. Maggie was able to debulk the tumor to relieve some of her symptoms, but she was unable to resect it fully.
- Partial de-glovement
- Hand fractures
- Rotational flap with antibiotic beads
Jackson had a patient, 27, who had a partially de-gloved hand as well as several fractures and nerve damage. Jackson was debating between salvage and amputation, but Richard asked Ben to voice his thoughts. Ben believed amputation, but because the man was only 27, Jackson was planning to try reconstruction, using skin from the patient's thighs.
- Arizona Robbins (fetal surgeon)
Arizona had a patient with a fetus with CDH go into labor.
- Toe laceration
- Ben Warren (surgical resident)
Ben stitched up a patient's toe in the ER.
|"Running Man"||Ollie Gabriel||
|"U + Me (Love Lesson)"||Mary J. Blige||
|"The One That You Want"||Madi Diaz||
Notes and TriviaEdit
- This episode's title originated from the song Leave It Inside, originally sung by Toby Lightman.
- This episode scored 7.09 million viewers.
- One of the patients on the surgical board is D. Rosen. David Rosen is a character on Scandal, another TGIT show.
- At the beginning of the episode, Meredith knocks on Amelia's door and asks if she wants a big tumor. Also, when discussing tumors with Maggie, Amelia says she wants a "giant, scary tumor". This possibly foreshadows Amelia's diagnosis of her brain tumor.
- Maggie writes Hayden on the OR board. This is a reference to the birth of Camilla Luddington's daughter Hayden (with actor Matthew Alan, who appears in this episode).
- David tells Stephanie she'll burn in Hell, possibly foreshadowing the events of the season finale.
- At the beginnning of the episode Bailey mentions the sorting hat, this is a reference to Harry Potter.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- Holly: Left atrial sarcoma. It's inoperable. I've got less than a year left. It's okay.
- Maggie: Inoperable means different things to different surgeons.
- Holly: I've seen six surgeons. So I know the stages. You guys are in stage 1. You see it, your eyes light up, you're the only ones who can tame it. Stage 2, you make a plan, a plan unlike any who have come before you. You get my consent. Stage 3, you realize it doesn't work and you feel weird and you get all sad, and then you feel you disappointed me and then make it my job to convince you that I'm okay so that you feel better. Can we just skip it?
- Maggie: I know it's complicated, but I really think...
- Holly: Yeah, how long am I laid up till my spleen heals? How long till I can, you know, get back in the saddle?
- April: Uh, depends on the kind of saddle.
- Holly: Well, I'd like to have sex with as many men as I care to, until my tumor tells me I can't.
- April: Goals.
- Maggie: So, Meredith was talking about bringing Nathan over tonight.
- Amelia: Bringing him home? To our house?
- Maggie: Yeah. And then it got weird, and now she's not.
- Amelia: I'm still wrapping my head around the fact that she's dating him. Oh, my God. The tumor.
- Maggie: What?
- Amelia: That's why she took the tumor out of her room. She doesn't want to have sex with him in a shrine to Derek.
- Maggie: She did not do that with the last guy.
- Amelia: And look what happened, screaming and crying and us kicking a half-naked man out into the street.
- Arizona: I look for you. All day. When I turn a corner or I pass by one of the scan rooms. Getting on an elevator. I hope that maybe I'll just catch a glimpse of you. And when I see you, every time, it makes me catch my breath just a little. And my heart speeds up. My palms sweat. Seeing you talking to you, and touching you, it's all I can think about.
- Eliza: It is?
- Arizona: I can't wait for our naked plans. But one more night of anticipation doesn't have to be the worst thing.
- Amelia: He didn't come over.
- Maggie: Why?
- Amelia: I don't know, but I heard her call him and cancel, and then she didn't come out of her room the whole night.
- Maggie: Were you eavesdropping?
- Amelia: No. Maybe. I was curious. Also, I was in the hall. I figured I should move the big, giant, scary tumor or something.
- Maggie: I know you said you don't want the tumor surgery, and I know that you're scared.
- Holly: No, but that's the thing I'm not. When I was first diagnosed, sure. But then I thought, what would make me feel better? Find a hot guy, have a ridiculous night, and then all would be well. So I did that, and I kept doing that until I realized, why do anything else? Sex and death. That's want I want.
- Meredith: Well, you can say you're ready for death. A lot of people do, but as someone who's been around a lot of death and been left behind by it, I can tell you, trust me, you don't want that. Especially when you have someone like Dr. Pierce telling you she can fix you, offering you the impossible. Don't ignore that. The scary thing isn't dying. The scary thing is surviving and accepting that you actually have a life to live.
- Richard: What do you see here?
- Ben: I see surgeries.
- Richard: No, you see residents doing surgeries. Where's your name?
- Ben: Uh, I'm covering the pit.
- Richard: Exactly. You're a senior resident. You shouldn't be sewing up toes, you should be repairing aortas.
- Ben: Sir, I don't mind covering the pit. I like going where I'm needed.
- Richard: You're a surgeon. You're needed in the operating room. What, you think Wilson and Edwards stood back and waited for a chance to shine? No. They took it.
- Ben: Dr. Webber, I...
- Richard: Listen. I know what you can do. But I'm not the only one making your fellowship recommendation anymore. There's a sense you're playing it safe, laying back.
- Ben: This is coming from Minnick? You told her she's wrong?
- Richard: Is she wrong? You tell me.
- David: Can we speed this up a little? I want to get out of here.
- Stephanie: This is getting you out of here, so...
- David: I don't want you making any more decisions for my child.
- Stephanie: We didn't. Liam made decisions. We supported them.
- David: Liam is a kid my kid. And that's not your job.
- Stephanie: No, that's yours. We did your job. Your job is to protect your child. Your job is to keep him safe and healthy, to tell him everything will be all right, and then to move Heaven and Earth to make sure that it is. That's your job, and you couldn't do that.
- David: That is not my job. That is up to God.
- Stephanie: If God did anything for Liam, God delivered him safely to us because He saw that He made you so weak and so stupid that you were going to kill your child.
- David: You're gonna burn in Hell.
- Alex: Liam made it all the way to the hospital on his own. Blind.
- Marie: It was a miracle.
- Alex: Or someone helped him. Someone drove him here.
- Marie: The Lord helps those who help themselves.
- Maggie: Resecting the tumor load out of your heart will help your symptoms and buy you time.
- Holly: Yeah, this tumor, it's just... It's part of me. It's like my hair or my boobs or my weird-looking toes. I made room for it.
- Meredith: We just made you do it, didn't we? We just made you make us feel better about ourselves.
- Holly: It happens every time.
- Meredith: It's time to let her go.
- Corey: Oh, my God. She died?
- Meredith: No, I didn't say that. But you're not going to see her again. Corey, hold the time you two spent together close to your heart. But don't let it hold you back. No more sitting here and waiting. Grab your new life by the hand and go out there and live it.
A complete overview of this episode's crew can be found here.
|Grey's Anatomy Season 13|
|#01||"Undo"||#09||"You Haven't Done Nothin'"||#17||"Till I Hear It From You"|
|#02||"Catastrophe and the Cure"||#10||"You Can Look (But You'd Better Not Touch)"||#18||"Be Still, My Soul"|
|#03||"I Ain't No Miracle Worker"||#11||"Jukebox Hero"||#19||"What's Inside"|
|#04||"Falling Slowly"||#12||"None of Your Business"||#20||"In the Air Tonight"|
|#05||"Both Sides Now"||#13||"It Only Gets Much Worse"||#21||"Don't Stop Me Now"|
|#06||"Roar"||#14||"Back Where You Belong"||#22||"Leave It Inside"|
|#07||"Why Try to Change Me Now"||#15||"Civil War"||#23||"True Colors"|
|#08||"The Room Where It Happens"||#16||"Who Is He (And What Is He To You)?"||#24||"Ring of Fire"|
|<< Season 12||Season 14 >>|