While visiting, Dr. Avery tasked Dr. Keaton to gather information about her son subtly. Jackson, unfortunately believing this to be a romantic set-up by his mother, rejected Dr. Keaton. Offended by this presumption, Dr. Keaton then revealed her true intentions with Jackson, and the two eventually bonded over their mutual frustrations with Jackson's mother.
With Jackson's advice, Dr. Keaton stood up to Dr. Avery prior to the Frontiers of Medicine Benefit and informed her that she would be taking the night off. Dr. Keaton and Jackson then spent the night together in an on-call room.
Dr. Keaton attained her medical degree from the Medical Sciences Division at the University of Oxford and completed her surgical residency at Massachusetts General Hospital. She then attained a urology fellowship at Brigham and Women's Hospital to study under Dr. Catherine Avery.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Dr. Keaton wore her Brigham and Women's Hospital lab coat when she visited Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital with Dr. Avery.
- Dr. Keaton is British.
- Dr. Keaton's father is the Director of Surgical Science at Oxford.
- Dr. Keaton is aware of Derek Shepherd's world-class neurosurgical reputation.
- It's unknown if Dr. Keaton completed a general surgical residency or a urological surgical residency. Given that she was introduced as just a urology fellow, it's most likely the former.
- When Dr. Keaton entered the OR where Dr. Avery, Dr. Webber, and Dr. Bailey were performing surgery, Dr. Keaton was wearing light blue scrubs instead of navy scrubs and had no personalized scrub cap.