He met his wife on the dance floor. They saw each other and they immediately knew they wanted to be together.
He was apparently a loving husband and father. He owned a shop and was killed by two men who attempted to steal his money and his watch. He refused because his watch was a gift from his wife and one of the men killed him by shooting him. Two of his children, Derek, who was around 12 or 13, and Amelia, 5, were there, and it was Derek who was first to see his dad dead. ("Who We Are")
After His DeathEdit
Years later, his death is still difficult for his family. His wife always sleeps on her side of the bed, even though the mattress is extremely uneven. Derek hates murderers and had difficulty dealing when one was a patient, as he was still very angry about his dad's death. Amelia has problems with drugs which are related to her father's death. ("Sympathy for the Devil")
After his death, Amelia was afraid of all loud noises. To get over this fear, she bought firecrackers and set them off until she wasn't afraid anymore. ("You Break My Heart")
Notes and TriviaEdit
- He loved to give pennies to his daughter Amelia when she was a child.
- He is the father of 5 doctors, including one psychiatrist, one OB/GYN, and two neurosurgeons.
- He died at some point between 1978 and 1980.
- He has at least 17 grandchildren: 11 granddaughters (including Zola and Ellis) and 7 grandsons (including Christopher, who is deceased, and Bailey).
- His only son, Derek, says that he misses his father all the time.
- The flashbacks he appeared in were reused in Could We Start Again, Please?.