New York Hospital was a teaching hospital located in Manhattan, New York. In 1998, it merged with Presbyterian Hospital to form NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, which is affiliated with Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.
- Dr. Warren (Attending Cardiothoracic Surgeon)
- Dr. Richard Webber (former Attending General Surgeon)
- Dr. Vivian Carlsmith (former Attending OB/GYN and Perinatologist)
- Dr. Derek Shepherd completed his surgical residency.
- Dr. Addison Montgomery completed her surgical and OB/GYN residencies.
- Dr. Mark Sloan completed his ENT residency.
- Dr. Sam Bennett did a majority of his cardiothoracic surgical residency*, but quit and completed his medical residency.
- Dr. Naomi Bennett completed her OB/GYN residency.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- While the hospital was not named, in dialogue, the ID badges of several staff seen during Sam's flashback show "New York Hospital".
- As the merger with Presbyterian Hospital did not occur until 1998, this reconciles with the timeline when Derek, Addison, Mark, Sam, and Naomi were doing their residencies.
- Although not explicitly stated, it is assumed that both Richard and Vivian were attending surgeons as they both mentored Addison during her residencies, and the former mentored Derek.
- Although Sam quit during his residency, it is assumed he quit close to completing his final year or quit right after his final year (i.e. after July) as he currently holds attending-level status in cardiothoracic surgery.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.