|Grey's Anatomy Seasons|
Romance is brewing in ways you did not see coming as doctor Teddy Altman is back in an explosive love triangle. And the drama continues as a windstorm blows through Seattle, causing the power to go out at Grey Sloan, leaving the doctors scrambling to save their patients' lives, including Meredith, who desperately needs to get to her patient for her heart transplant.
- After finding herself desiring love and passion, Meredith turns to matchmaker Cece Colvin to find her the perfect match. Cece sets up a string of dates, but eventually Meredith finds herself wooed by Andrew DeLuca and new ortho Chief Atticus Lincoln. After dates with both, she chooses for Andrew and lets the relationship slowly develop. She also starts working on a new research project about ingestible non-invasive diagnostic devices.
- Newlywed Alex faces a professional challenge when Bailey appoints him as her interim Chief of Surgery. While initially struggling, he rises to the occasion and sometimes butts heads with Bailey. His mother visits for a while and she gently nudges her son and Jo towards having kids. Later, he has to stand by as Jo slips into a depression after finding out the circumstances of her conception and birth and refuses to talk to him.
- Bailey continues her quest to eliminate stress from her life. After stepping down as Chief appears insufficient, she asks Ben for a break from their marriage. It deeply upsets him, but the two reconcile when she discovers her mental illness has been plaguing her due to imbalanced medications. Over time, it starts itching that she has given up her job, causing some friction with Alex.
- Richard goes down a dark path after the death of his sponsor. While still abstaining from alcohol, he becomes a dry drunk displaying erratic and at times aggressive behavior. His bad spell is ended when Catherine is diagnosed with a chondrosarcoma on her spine. She undergoes surgery but the tumor can't be removed entirely. Richard stands by Catherine through her recovery and her acceptance of the fact that she has to live with cancer.
- Owen continues to care for Leo and Betty with Amelia. The family is thrown for a loop when Teddy returns and reveals her pregnancy, but Owen decides to be with Amelia. However, their renewed happiness is short-lived when Betty reveals she has been lying about her identity the whole, causing Owen to lash out. His hurtful comments cause Amelia to end things. Owen legally adopts Leo and continues life as a single father. He prepares for his daughter's birth and goes to therapy, where he learns he self-sabotages happiness before life can destroy it for him and how to stop that cycle. During the birth of his daughter, he professes his love for Teddy, finally allowing himself to have happiness in his life without fear of screwing it up.
- Jackson is saved from near-accident which sets off a spiritual quest for him. Eventually, he finds that he is happiest working miracles in the OR. His relationship with Maggie continues to develop and he leans on her throughout his mother's tough recovery process. He develops a project to heal burn wounds with fish skin and asks Maggie to move in with him.
- Amelia continues to care Betty and Leo with Owen, but she breaks up with him when his anger on Betty's lying about her identity reveals his true feelings about addicts. She develops a sexual relationship with Link while away at a conference on alternative non-addictive pain relief, which also inspires her to start research on the topic, but it develops into a deeper relationship when he defends her against her sisters and mother at a tense family dinner.
- Jo decides to stay in Seattle and convinces Bailey to create a special surgical innovation fellowship just for her. After she has her genome examined, she becomes curious about her birth parents. She finds out her mother's identity and visits her in Pittsburgh. She learns she was the product of rape and that her mother gave her up because she associated Jo with the rapist, which sends Jo into a depression. Meredith convinces her to seek treatment and she checks herself into the psychiatry ward.
- Maggie supports Jackson throughout his mother's recovery process and continues her research on rechargeable hearts. When she operates on one of her fellow medical students, the patient publishes the story on a blog that gains traction in the medical community. This inspires Maggie to own her story and she accidentally reveals on a podcast that Richard and Ellis are her birth parents, which had been largely unknown in the medical community.
- Andrew develops a relationship with Meredith after wooing her for months. His father and Carina return from Italy when the former has a innovative proposition to create external gestational sacks. Andrew initially supports him, ignoring Carina's warnings that their father is bipolar, but later realizes his mistake. A confrontation leads to the two of them going separate ways.
- Pregnant Teddy begins a relationship with Tom Koracick as Owen chose Amelia. She convinces herself that she and Owen are meant to be just friends and her relationship develops to the point of them living together and preparing for the birth. However, with the birth approaching, Teddy realizes she wants the passionate love she feels for Owen instead of the safe feeling Tom gives her.
- Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey (25/25)
- Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev (23/25)
- Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey (23/25)
- James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber (24/25)
- Kevin McKidd as Dr. Owen Hunt (22/25)
- Jesse Williams as Dr. Jackson Avery (21/25)
- Caterina Scorsone as Dr. Amelia Shepherd (24/25)
- Camilla Luddington as Dr. Jo Karev (22/25)
- Kelly McCreary as Dr. Maggie Pierce (25/25)
- Giacomo Gianniotti as Dr. Andrew DeLuca (22/25)
- Kim Raver as Dr. Teddy Altman (18/25)
Special Guest StarEdit
Recurring Guest StarsEdit
- Debbie Allen as Dr. Catherine Fox (10/25) (1 voice only)
- Greg Germann as Dr. Tom Koracick (15/25)
- Chris Carmack as Dr. Atticus Lincoln (20/25)
- Stefania Spampinato as Dr. Carina DeLuca (7/25)
- Peyton Kennedy as Betty Nelson (8/25)
- Jake Borelli as Dr. Levi Schmitt (20/25)
- Caroline Clay as Cece Colvin (7/25)
- Rima Rajan as Nisha (2/25)
- Rushi Kota as Dr. Vikram Roy (2/25)
- Alex Blue Davis as Dr. Casey Parker (10/25) (recurring co-star prior to I Walk the Line)
- Sophia Taylor Ali as Dr. Dahlia Qadri (12/25)
- Jaicy Elliot as Dr. Taryn Helm (16/25) (recurring co-star prior to I Walk the Line)
- Jason George as Dr. Ben Warren (8/25)
- Stacey Oristano as Frankie Shavelson (3/25)
- Jaina Lee Ortiz as Lieutenant Andy Herrera (2/25)
- Debra Mooney as Evelyn Hunt (1/25)
- Okieriete Onaodowan as Dean Miller (1/25)
- Flex Alexander as Evan Forrester (1/25)
- Kate Burton as Dr. Ellis Grey (2/25)
- Patricia Bethune as Nurse Ginger (1/25)
- Will Sasso as Jed Lundberg (2/25)
- Alyssa Gabrielle Rodriguez as Phoebe Moss (2/25)
- Siena Goines as Natasha Deon (2/25)
- DaJuan Johnson as Garrett Boland (2/25)
- Jeff Perry as Thatcher Grey (1/25)
- Kyle Secor as John Dickinson (3/25)
- Jennifer Grey as Carol Dickinson (3/25)
- Lindsay Wagner as Helen Karev (3/25)
- Lorenzo Caccialianza as Dr. Vincenzo DeLuca (3/25)
- McNally Sagal as Kari Donnelly (5/25)
- Arielle Hader as Toby Donnelly (4/25)
- Greg Winter as Scott Carter (2/25)
- Ali Hillis as Lori Carter (4/25)
- Abigail Spencer as Dr. Megan Hunt (1/25)
- Embeth Davidtz as Dr. Nancy Shepherd (1/25)
- Jasmine Guy as Gemma Larson (1/25)
- Jeff Doucette as Warren Sterman (1/25)
- William Harper as Therapist (2/25)
- Omar Leyva as Luis Rivera (2/25)
- Jane Wall as Frances Pinfield (2/25)
Prominent Guest StarsEdit
- Alex Landi as Dr. Nico Kim (16/25)
- Aniela Gumbs as Zola Grey Shepherd (12/25)
- Payton Silver as Dr. Knox (4/25)
- Grace Rowe as Paramedic Grace (3/25)
- Vivian Nixon as Dr. Hannah Brody (1/25)
- Frances Nichols as Nurse Karen (4/25)
- Michael Anthony Rogers as Paramedic (2/25)
- Kimberly Christian as Natalie Forrester (1/25)
- Amari O'Neil & Amir O'Neil as Max Forrester (1/25)
- Kathleen Bradley as Nurse (2/25)
- BJ Tanner as William George Bailey Jones (2/25)
- Rae Latt as Nanny (3/25)
- Alex Manugian as Nurse Taylor (2/25)
- Olivia-Diane Joseph as Nurse Liv (5/25)
- Gordon James as Nurse Gregory (3/25)
- JoAnna Rhambo as Nurse (2/25)
- Brody Goodstadt as Derek Bailey Shepherd (2/25)
- Norm Nixon, Jr. as Intern James/Nurse James (2/25)
- Ryder Nolan Goodstadt as Derek Bailey Shepherd (2/25)
- Joshua Bassett as Linus (2/25)
- Kevin J. Clarke as Paramedic Kevin Clarke (2/25)
- Toy Lei as EP Doctor/Neurophysiologist (2/25)
- Kathy C. An as Nurse Bokhee (2/25)
- Char Sidney as Flight Doc (1/25)
- Christian Ganiere as Gus Carter (5/25)
- John O'Brien as Tech Jeffrey (2/25)
- Allyson Juliette as Gabriella Rivera (3/25)
- Alfred Woodley as Driver (2/25)
Notes and TriviaEdit
- ABC officially renewed Grey's Anatomy for its fifteenth season on April 20, 2018.
- This is the first season not to feature Jessica Capshaw, Sarah Drew, Jason George, and Martin Henderson as part of the main cast since season six, seven, and twelve, respectively.
- This is also the first season since season 7 to not feature any departure of a main cast member.
- This is the first season since season eight to feature Kim Raver as part of the main cast. She did recur on the previous season as a guest star.
- Ellen Pompeo and Kelly McCreary are the only actors to appear in every episode of this season. However, Ellen is the only one with lines in every episode.
- The crew started preparing the sound stage for production on July 16, 2018.
- The table read for the premiere took place on July 26, 2018. Filming on set started on July 30 and wrapped on April 17, 2019.
- Krista Vernoff described this season as "The Season of Love."
- All voiceovers this season are narrated by Meredith Grey with the exception of Anybody Have a Map?, which is narrated by Richard Webber.
- Ellen Pompeo did not direct an episode this season because of the extra time it requires her to be away from home. Jesse Williams directed another episode after making his directorial debut with Fight For Your Mind last season.
- A 30-second ad during this season cost advertisers $204,792.
- This season promo poster consists of two episode stills from the fourteenth season photoshopped together, with one still being from One Day Like This and the other from Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story.
- It was announced in early January 2019 that three additional scripts had been ordered (on top of the original order of twenty-two), giving the season a total of twenty-five episodes. While the extra order hadn't been made official publicly, showrunner Krista Vernoff already knew at the beginning of the season that they would be doing 24 episodes. Thus, ABC only needed Krista to sign off on doing one extra episode.
- That one extra (previously unplanned) episode turned into a stand-alone episode focusing on Amelia. Krista had had the idea for it in her head, but it wasn't until the extra episode was ordered that she decided it would be included in this season.
|No. in series||No. in season||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date|
|318||1||"With a Wonder and a Wild Desire"||Debbie Allen||Krista Vernoff||September 27, 2018|
|The doctors at Grey Sloan Memorial vie for a new position. Meredith is seemingly distracted and struggles to stay focused, and Maggie finds herself the keeper of a big secret while Amelia and Owen try to figure out their relationship. Meanwhile, Jo and Alex's honeymoon doesn't go exactly as planned.|
|319||2||"Broken Together"||Kevin McKidd||Meg Marinis||September 27, 2018|
|New doctors continue to shake up the hospital in typical Grey Sloan manner. Meredith bonds with a patient while Jackson struggles with the meaning behind recent experiences, and after making a life-changing decision, Jo forms an unexpected alliance.|
|320||3||"Gut Feeling"||Michael Watkins||Mark Driscoll||October 4, 2018|
|Meredith works on a patient who happens to specialize in matchmaking, and a seemingly drunk patient pushes Richard's buttons and gives him a medical mystery to solve. Meanwhile, Maggie tries to reach Teddy after bearing the burden of her secret becomes overwhelming as she struggles with issues in her own personal life.|
|321||4||"Momma Knows Best"||Cecilie Mosli||William Harper||October 11, 2018|
|Meredith turns heads when she shows up to work done up and ready for her blind date later that day, while Alex makes a questionable decision in order to save a patient. Meanwhile, the burden of knowing Teddy's secret keeps Maggie up at night, ultimately making her decide she has to tell someone.|
Part one of a crossover that continues on Station 19's Under the Surface.
|322||5||"Everyday Angel"||Chandra Wilson||Julie Wong||October 18, 2018|
|Meredith reaches out to Teddy and helps her talk through some of her personal struggles. Owen and Amelia hide out near Betty's school after she becomes a flight risk. Meanwhile, Jo wants to get to work on the fellowship, but Bailey's attention is elsewhere.|
|323||6||"Flowers Grow Out of My Grave"||Nicole Rubio||Kiley Donovan||November 1, 2018|
|Meredith has a patient whose family is celebrating Day of the Dead, making the doctors remember loved ones they have lost. Richard shares unexpected news with Meredith about her father, Thatcher. Meanwhile, Teddy tries to tell Owen that she is pregnant but they get sidetracked, and Jo encourages Link to pursue one of the doctors.|
|324||7||"Anybody Have a Map?"||Krista Vernoff||Elisabeth R. Finch||November 8, 2018|
|Catherine is in Los Angeles getting the new foundation ready and summons Meredith and Koracick to visit for a highly confidential consult. Meanwhile, one of the nurses is 28 weeks pregnant and collapses at the hospital while talking to Richard.|
|325||8||"Blowin' in the Wind"||Kevin McKidd||Meg Marinis||November 15, 2018|
|Seattle is hit by a huge windstorm and Grey Sloan becomes inundated with patients. Alex and Jo are stuck at home and decide to make the best of it by having a second honeymoon, Meredith confronts Richard about getting his life back on track.|
|326||9||"Shelter from the Storm"||Jann Turner||William Harper||January 17, 2019|
|The windstorm continues to blow through Seattle and after the power goes out at Grey Sloan, the doctors are left scrambling to save their patients' lives, including Meredith who desperately needs to get to Cece for her heart transplant. Meanwhile, Owen, Amelia and Teddy confront their complicated situation.|
|327||10||"Help, I'm Alive"||Daniel Willis||Jalysa Conway & Jason Ganzel||January 24, 2019|
|Meredith questions Link's laid-back approach over a patient's treatment. Maggie worries that Richard, Jackson and Catherine haven't come to terms with Catherine's diagnosis. Meanwhile, DeLuca steps up in the O.R. when Owen faces a setback.|
|328||11||"The Winner Takes It All"||Allison Liddi-Brown||Elisabeth R. Finch||January 31, 2019|
|Amelia and Koracick tackle a daunting surgery on Catherine, while Richard and Jackson hope for the best. Meanwhile, Richard urges Meredith to visit her father, Thatcher, before his time is up.|
|329||12||"Girlfriend in a Coma"||Debbie Allen||Kiley Donovan||February 7, 2019|
|A patient gives Meredith some clarity on her dating situation around the holidays. The strain on Bailey and Ben's marriage comes to a head. Meanwhile, Betty drops a bomb on Owen and Amelia.|
|330||13||"I Walk the Line"||Kevin McKidd||Tameson Duffy||February 14, 2019|
|A sea of patients flood the hospital after gunfire goes off at a parade. A blast from the past throws Maggie off her game on the same day that Meredith tries to talk to her about dating DeLuca. Meanwhile, Owen and Amelia get some potentially life-altering news about Betty.|
|331||14||"I Want a New Drug"||Jeannot Szwarc||Zoanne Clack||February 21, 2019|
|While Meredith breaks a hospital record, the rest of the doctors are sent scrambling in the wake of a massive overdose within the community. Meanwhile, Jackson wants to take a reluctant Maggie camping, and Levi and Nico's relationship continues to develop.|
|332||15||"We Didn't Start the Fire"||Chandra Wilson||Andy Reaser||February 28, 2019|
|When Jackson throws a party to celebrate Catherine's surgery and those who worked to save her, literally nothing goes as planned. Meanwhile, Helen pays Alex and Jo a surprise visit.|
|333||16||"Blood and Water"||Pete Chatmon||Kiley Donovan||March 7, 2019|
|Meredith finds herself having to side with either Alex or DeLuca during a difficult situation, but she doesn't want to betray either of them. Meanwhile, Maggie reveals details about her personal life that cause a public stir, and Levi struggles with whether or not to tell his family about Nico.|
|334||17||"And Dream of Sheep"||Sydney Freeland||William Harper||March 14, 2019|
|Ties are strained as Andrew and Carina confront an unforgiving family history. Meanwhile, Teddy and Owen work together on a married couple who is expecting, and Amelia attends a conference for alternative pain relief.|
|335||18||"Add It Up"||Michael Watkins||Alex Manugian||March 21, 2019|
|Maggie introduces mood rooms as an alternative approach to medicine. Alex and DeLuca butt heads over an 11-year-old patient who tries to sabotage her own surgery. Jackson and Richard deal with a gender non-binary patient. Meanwhile, Teddy has a pregnancy scare that brings Owen and Koracick to odds.|
|336||19||"Silent All These Years"||Debbie Allen||Elisabeth R. Finch||March 28, 2019|
|When a trauma patient arrives at Grey Sloan, it forces Jo to confront her past. Bailey and Ben have to talk to Tuck about dating.|
|337||20||"The Whole Package"||Geary McLeod||Meg Marinis||April 4, 2019|
|Owen and Teddy have to deal with the surprise arrival of Megan Hunt, who knows nothing about their situation. Catherine preps for her first surgery back on a war veteran who’s not emotionally prepared for his procedure. Meredith worries about DeLuca operating alone with Richard.|
|338||21||"Good Shepherd"||Bill D'Elia||Julie Wong||April 11, 2018|
|Amelia and Link travel to New York to operate on a patient with a severe spinal deformity, but they're in for more than they bargained for when Nancy Shepherd invites them to dinner at her home.|
|339||22||"Head Over High Heels"||Allison Liddi-Brown||Bridgette N. Burgess||April 18, 2019|
|Meredith debates how to handle an unexpected situation in her personal life, while Richard has an untimely reunion with an old friend. Jo has a hard time at work, and Owen tries therapy.|
|340||23||"What I Did for Love"||Jesse Williams||Mark Driscoll||May 2, 2019|
|Maggie treats one of Station 19's own, and Jo learns a hard lesson. Meanwhile, when working with a family seeking asylum, Meredith makes a call that could jeopardize her career.|
Part one of a crossover that continues on Station 19's Always Ready.
|341||24||"Drawn to the Blood"||Kevin McKidd||Andy Reaser||May 9, 2019|
|Alex tries desperately to save his patient Gus while he waits for a severely agoraphobic blood donor to arrive from London. Jo reveals to Meredith why she's been so down, while Catherine and Bailey hold a meeting to get down to the bottom of an insurance issue. Meanwhile, Maggie and Jackson go camping.|
|342||25||"Jump Into the Fog"||Debbie Allen||Krista Vernoff||May 16, 2019|
|As fog begins to cover Seattle, the doctors must navigate through personal complications. Meredith and Alex attempt to save Gus, while Levi talks some sense into a struggling Nico.|
The "Grey's Anatomy: Complete Fifteenth Season" boxset was released on November 7, 2019 in region 2.
The boxset contains the 25 episodes of the season. The DVD box includes 5 discs. Other set details are:
The season 15 DVD set does not include any special features.
Entertainment Weekly CoversEdit
Entertainment Weekly celebrated the show's fifteenth season with six different covers for their September 28, 2018 issue.