|Grey's Anatomy Seasons|
Showrunner Krista Vernoff confirmed the season would chronicle following storylines:
- The ramifications of Meredith, Richard, and Alex's being fired and Meredith going to jail.
- The continuing love triangle between Owen, Teddy, and Tom.
- Amelia taking time to figure out who she is.
- Jo's emergence from her psychiatric treatment.
- Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
- Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
- Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
- James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
- Kevin McKidd as Dr. Owen Hunt
- Jesse Williams as Dr. Jackson Avery
- Caterina Scorsone as Dr. Amelia Shepherd
- Camilla Luddington as Dr. Jo Karev
- Kelly McCreary as Dr. Maggie Pierce
- Giacomo Gianniotti as Dr. Andrew DeLuca
- Kim Raver as Dr. Teddy Altman
- Chris Carmack as Dr. Atticus Lincoln
- Greg Germann as Dr. Tom Koracick
- Jake Borelli as Dr. Levi Schmitt
Recurring Guest Stars
Prominent Guest Stars
Notes and Trivia
- The renewal for the show's sixteenth season was first somewhat confirmed on February 5, 2019. Karey Burke, President of ABC Entertainment, stated at a TCA session that the show was implicitly renewed for its sixteenth season when Ellen signed on for seasons 15 and 16. At the same time, she confirmed that they were in early conversations to keep Grey's going even beyond the sixteenth season. This renewal was made official on May 10, 2019.
- Production for this season started on July 15, 2019.
- The table read for the season premiere took place on July 25, 2019.
- A kick-off party for cast and crew took place on July 28, 2019.
- Ellen Pompeo and Giacomo Gianniotti filmed their first scene on July 29, 2019.
- The show will see the development of a romance between a character from Grey's and one from Station 19. Additionally, with Krista Vernoff now helming both shows, the worlds will blend more together. While ABC's entertainment president Karey Burke had previously stated that there would be "weekly cross-overs", she later re-iterated that statement and said that there will likely be only 3 to 4 real cross-over events peppered throughout the season.
- On August 8, 2019, TVLine announced that Krista Vernoff had informed them that she was trying to get a former main cast member back for an appearance this season, but she didn't share who it was or for how many episodes.
|No. in series||No. in season||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date|
|343||1||"16.01"||September 26, 2019|
|344||2||"16.02"||Kevin McKidd||October 3, 2019|
|345||3||"16.03"||October 10, 2019|
|346||4||"16.05"||October 17, 2019|
|347||5||"16.05"||October 24, 2019|
|348||6||"16.06"||October 31, 2019|
|349||7||"16.07"||November 7, 2019|
|350||8||"16.08"||November 14, 2019|
|This page or section may contain spoilers about episodes that haven't yet aired in the US.|
- On August 6, 2019, filming took place at Masters University and a nearby location. The scenes include no loud noises or special effects.
Cast Promotional Photos
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.