|Station 19 Seasons|
|Season 1||Season 2||Season 3||Season 4|
The third season of Station 19 was ordered by ABC on May 10, 2019. It consists of 16 episodes and premiered on January 23, 2020 at 8|7c. As of its thirteenth episode, the season was broadcast at 9|8c, taking the time slot of Grey's Anatomy's sixteenth season, which was cut short due to the coronavirus pandemic shutting down production.
Summary[edit | edit source]
The unpredictable lifestyle and life cycle of our team of first responders will significantly affect relationships inside and outside the firehouse. We'll see Andy continue to grapple with her father, former Captain Pruitt, as he fights his own secret battle; and Ben will develop a new emergency response tactic that will combine his skills as a surgeon and firefighter. Meanwhile, Jack faces moral challenges that will test his character; Vic continues to seek happiness after losing Ripley and will come to the aid of a good friend who is in desperate need of help; and Travis is forced to confront difficult events from his past. Dean will be tested in ways he never imagined; and Maya, always the go-getter, will make sacrifices in her personal life to achieve her career goals. And while Sullivan's feelings for Andy still linger, so does the debilitating pain from his recent leg injury.
Plots[edit | edit source]
- The season includes flashbacks about why the firefighters chose to pursue that job.
- Andy deals with her anger and grief after Ryan dies from a gunshot wound and Robert turns her down in favor of a promotion to Battalion Chief all the while denying her the promotion to Captain. Maya is appointed Captain instead, causing a rift between the two. She also has a fall-out with her father, who shames her for falling for her Captain and refuses therapy for his cancer. Robert helps her work through the grief, bringing the two closer together after all and they start a relationship.
- While mourning the loss of Bailey's miscarriage, Ben feels his surgical skills are going to waste and combines his two worlds by creating the Physician Response Team, a truck housing a fully functional OR.
- After turning down Andy romantically in order to protect his promotion, Robert is promoted to Battalion Chief and appoints Maya as new Captain of Station 19. When the pain in his leg regularly flares up, he begins self-medicating and develops a drug addiction. Eventually, he comforts a grieving Andy, which puts his priorities in perspective, and they start a relationship.
- Jack begins sleeping with a fellow firefighter's wife, breaking the code amongst firefighters and thus threatening his standing in the department. He's also reminded of his past when he aides homeless kids at a camp, making him question his place in the world.
- Victoria begins a relationship with plastic surgeon Jackson Avery from Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital. As they navigate the relationship with their different upbringings and lifestyles, Vic is evicted and secretly moves in with him, causing them to break up. She then moves in with Dean to help him out with his newborn girl.
- Travis sleeps with Emmett Dixon, who turns out to be the new Fire Chief's son and the newest probie at Station 19. Upon discovering that Emmett is not out and in a relationship with a girl as well as being forced into a career as a firefighter by his father, Travis grapples with his world views.
- Dean is surprised when JJ shows up pregnant with his daughter. She soon gives birth and leaves him to take care of their girl. Vic moves in to help him out as he navigates life as a single father all the while secretly harboring feelings for Vic.
- Maya advocates for herself to be appointed Captain and ends up getting the job, rubbing Andy the wrong. Her promotion is off to a rocky start, throwing the crew and its morale off balance. Meanwhile, she develops a relationship with Carina DeLuca, who helps her to let go of her uptight attitude and learn how to relax.
- Pruitt is diagnosed with testicular lymphoma and decides to forego chemotherapy. As he comes to terms with his life expectancy of only a few months, he struggles to tell the crew, his daughter in particular. To provide support for her, he convinces Ryan to move back to Seattle, which has unforeseen consequences. After a brief fall-out over her feelings for Robert, the diagnosis brings them closer together while he tries to prepare her for life without him. With the end nearing, Pruitt heroically sacrifices his own life to save the lives of Station 19's crew.
- Ryan is convinced by Pruitt to move back to Seattle and declare his love for Andy, though their reunion abruptly ends when one of Andy's neighbors' kids accidentally shoots him and he succumbs to his injuries.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Main Cast[edit | edit source]
- Jaina Lee Ortiz as Lieutenant Andy Herrera (16/16)
- Jason George as Dr. Ben Warren (16/16)
- Boris Kodjoe as Battalion Chief Robert Sullivan (16/16)
- Grey Damon as Lieutenant Jack Gibson (16/16)
- Barrett Doss as Victoria Hughes (16/16)
- Jay Hayden as Travis Montgomery (16/16)
- Okieriete Onaodowan as Dean Miller (16/16)
- Danielle Savre as Captain Maya Bishop (16/16)
- Miguel Sandoval as Captain Pruitt Herrera (15/16)
Special Guest Star[edit | edit source]
Recurring Guest Stars[edit | edit source]
- Jesse Williams as Dr. Jackson Avery (7/16)
- Jake Borelli as Dr. Levi Schmitt (2/16)
- Jaicy Elliot as Dr. Taryn Helm (1/16)
- Alex Landi as Dr. Nico Kim (3/16)
- Alex Blue Davis as Dr. Casey Parker (1/16)
- Alberto Frezza as Ryan Tanner (3/16)
- Pat Healy as Chief Michael Dixon (9/16)
- Rigo Sanchez as Rigo Vasquez (8/16)
- Kelly Thiebaud as Eva Vasquez (6/16)
- Greg Germann as Dr. Tom Koracick (1/16)
- Brenda Song as JJ (5/16)
- Stefania Spampinato as Dr. Carina DeLuca (10/16)
- Adam J Harrington as Lane Bishop (2/16)
- Ivana Shein as Katherine Bishop (2/16) (co-star in first appearance)
- Lachlan Buchanan as Emmett Dixon (10/16)
- Gina Ravera as Claudia Flores (2/16)
- Brett Tucker as Lucas Ripley (1/16)
- Caterina Scorsone as Dr. Amelia Shepherd (2/16)
- Drew Rausch as John Finch (3/16)
- Tracie Thoms as Dr. Diane Lewis (2/16)
- Jayne Taini as Marsha (3/16)
- BJ Tanner as William George Bailey Jones (2/16)
- Colleen Foy as Inara (2/16)
- Kevin McKidd as Dr. Owen Hunt (1/16)
- Kim Raver as Dr. Teddy Altman (2/16)
- Kelly McCreary as Dr. Maggie Pierce (1/16)
- Peter Onorati as Snuffy Souza (3/16)
- Jack Conley as Captain Lawrence (2/16)
- Reginald Veljohnson as Charlie Irwin (1/16)
- Patricia De León as Elena Herrera (1/16)
- Laura Ceron as Sandra Alvarez (1/16)
- Jeanne Sakata as Nari Montgomery (1/16)
Prominent Guest Stars[edit | edit source]
Recurring Co-Stars[edit | edit source]
- Devin Way as Blake Simms (1/16)
- Vivian Nixon as Hannah Brody (2/16)
- Christianno DeRushia as Trey (1/16)
- Dylan Rourke as Todd Youngblood (2/16)
- Lalia Susini as Young Andy (3/16)
- Lincoln Bonilla as Milo (2/16)
- Noah Alexander Gerry as Joey Phillips (3/16)
- Toby Grey as Ernie (1/16)
- Lily Fisher as Sarah (1/16)
- Cameron Gayden as Frank (1/16)
- Rodnesha Green as Police Officer 1 (2/16)
- Josh Archer as Police Officer 2 (2/16)
- Ansel Sluyter-Obidos as Marcus (2/16)
- Kristen Henry King as Sasha Bennett (2/16)
- Kenneth Meseroll as Paul Montgomery (1/16)
Notes and Trivia[edit | edit source]
- ABC officially renewed Station 19 for a third season on May 10, 2019.
- This is the first season without Stacy McKee as showrunner as she departed after the second season. She was replaced by Krista Vernoff, who now serves as showrunner on both Grey's Anatomy and Station 19.
- This season was moved to mid-season.
- The show will see the development of a romance between a character from Grey's and one from Station 19. Additionally, with Krista Vernoff now helming both shows, the worlds will blend more together. While ABC's entertainment president Karey Burke had previously stated that there would be "weekly cross-overs", she later re-iterated that statement and said that there will likely be only 3 to 4 real cross-over events peppered throughout the season. The goal of the blending together of the world is to mainly bring more of Grey's' DNA to Station 19 than the other way around.
- Krista also elaborated on the show's timeline to make crossovers happen despite Station 19's mid-season premiere. She stated that Grey's Anatomy's timeline will be used to mark the passing of time for both shows. When Station 19 premieres, it will take place at the same time as the Grey's Anatomy episodes airing then and flashbacks will be used to fill in the time gap between the season two finale and the start of season 3.
- In October 2019, the crew flew out to Seattle to shoot scenes on location.
- Production on the season had been wrapped before the corona virus outbreak hit the United States while production on Grey's Anatomy's sixteenth season was shut down with 4 episodes left to film for the season, shortening the season to the 21 episodes that had already been filmed. Unlike Grey's Anatomy, Station 19 will remain unaffected by the pandemic and air its episodes as intended.
Episodes[edit | edit source]
|No. in series||No. in season||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date|
|28||1||"I Know This Bar"||Paris Barclay||Krista Vernoff||January 23, 2020|
|After a car crashes into Joe's Bar, Andy and Sullivan lead the team of firefighters as they work to rescue people before the building comes crumbling down.
|29||2||"Indoor Fireworks"||Paris Barclay||Kiley Donovan||January 30, 2020|
|The new Seattle fire chief is introduced to Station 19 and leaves the crew skeptical after his visit. Later, the firefighters are called to a department store fire caused by exploding fireworks, which triggers painful memories from Ben's past and inspires him to pursue a new endeavor. Maya advocates for herself and her career, while Jack becomes more intertwined with an acquaintance and Andy and Ryan have a heart-to-heart.|
|30||3||"Eulogy"||Eric Laneuville||Anupam Nigam||February 6, 2020|
|While Pruitt grieves a monumental loss, Andy refuses to do the same and, instead, throws herself into work. Meanwhile, the crew responds to a widespread carbon monoxide leak, and Sullivan makes a controversial choice for captain.|
|31||4||"House Where Nobody Lives"||Oliver Bokelberg||Meghann Plunkett||February 13, 2020|
|Ben and Jack mollify a group of homeless foster and biological siblings so they can help save a life, triggering memories from Jack's past. Meanwhile, Maya pushes the team too hard and struggles to bring them together and Pruitt threatens to take drastic action when refused a request.|
|32||5||"Into the Woods"||Andy Wolk||Tyrone Finch||February 20, 2020|
|In an effort to increase morale, Maya takes the crew on a team-building camping trip that doesn’t exactly go according to plan. Their bond is put to the test as they work to save first-time campers after a gruesome bear attack. Meanwhile, Pruitt takes steps to repair his relationship with Andy, and Sullivan goes to extreme lengths to find relief from the pain in his leg.|
|33||6||"Ice Ice Baby"||Tessa Blake||Robert Giles||February 27, 2020|
|When a blizzard hits Seattle, Travis must take a difficult call and members of the crew are forced to face their truths. Meanwhile, Ben has rising suspicions about a colleague.|
|34||7||"Satellite of Love"||Paris Barclay||Chris Downey||March 5, 2020|
|As Ben readies the new Physician Response Team truck for the field, his suspicions about Sullivan and the missing Fentanyl continue to grow. Meanwhile, Jack and Rigo try to look past their differences when they are forced to work together and fight a mysterious gas station fire. Dean and JJ try to work through their differing parenting styles, and Travis meets someone new.|
|35||8||"Born to Run"||David Greenspan||Jill Weinberger||March 12, 2020|
|The Station 19 crew responds to a drunk driver scene. Meanwhile, Dean receives advice from Pruitt on a difficult situation, and Sullivan seeks help from Dr. Amelia Shepherd.|
|36||9||"Poor Wandering One"||Janice Cooke||Brian Anthony||March 19, 2020|
|When an Army veteran threatens to blow up a pawn shop, Sullivan reflects on his time as a Marine to deescalate the situation. Meanwhile, Vic and Dean try to reason with a man battling Alzheimer's disease and Pruitt takes a stand to honor fallen firefighters.|
|37||10||"Something About What Happens When We Talk"||Yangzom Brauen||Krista Vernoff||March 26, 2020|
|After some tense and traumatic experiences, the firefighters get a visit from a psychologist.|
|38||11||"No Days Off"||Tom Verica||Cinque Henderson||April 2, 2020|
|While at a lunch seeking Pruitt's blessing for their relationship, Andy and Sullivan jump into action when ICE attempts to raid the restaurant. Meanwhile, Travis gets roped into an awkward lunch with Chief Dixon, Emmett and Emmett's girlfriend and Ben invites Grey-Sloan Memorial surgeons Owen Hunt, Teddy Altman and Jackson Avery to get a sneak peek of the new PRT vehicle.|
|39||12||"I'll Be Seeing You"||Daryn Okada||Anupam Nigam
|April 9, 2020|
|The crew battles a storage facility fire with growing complications. Dr. Jackson Avery pops over from Grey Sloan and ends up collaborating with old pal Ben Warren.|
|40||13||"Dream a Little Dream of Me"||Stacey K. Black||Robert Giles||April 16, 2020|
|Vic rallies the crew to pose for a calendar photo shoot that will support a good cause. Meanwhile, Emmett comes clean to Ben and Sullivan, and shows Andy a softer side.|
|41||14||"The Ghosts That Haunt Me"||Pete Chatmon||Tyrone Finch||April 30, 2020|
|Andy returns to work while she and Jack fight to save people trapped in a collapsing bowling alley. Meanwhile, Ben confronts Sullivan about his drug problem and Maya's mother, Katherine, pays Maya a visit.|
|42||15||"Bad Guy"||DeMane Davis||Kiley Donovan||May 7, 2020|
|Ben, Jackson and Emmett are put in a precarious and dangerous position with a potential victim. Andy's search for more background on her family opens her eyes, and Vic and Travis are caught in the middle of a corruption scheme.|
|43||16||"Louder Than a Bomb"||Paris Barclay||Emmylou Diaz||May 14, 2020|
|Andy becomes painfully suspicious of the circumstances surrounding her mother's death and goes to her aunt looking for answers. Meanwhile, the members of the crew work to evacuate a doctor from Pac-North hospital and find themselves in a life-threatening situation, and Sullivan undergoes surgery for his chronic leg pain.|