|Grey's Anatomy Seasons|
Let the healing begin. It's a year of new beginnings for the medical team of Seattle Grace Hospital as they slowly recover from the tragedy that hit too close to home. New relationships emerge and the strongest commitments are tested. From successes in the operating room to mistakes in the bedroom and all the thrilling drama in between the doctors find a way to survive as long as they lean on one another.
- The staff tries to deal with physical and emotional trauma in the wake of the deadly rampage.
- The 4th year residents learn that the post for Chief Resident is open for the running, and they all think of ways and means to get noticed.
- Cristina and Owen get married.
- Cristina fears the OR due to the shooting and tries to overcome it, though it's a long road back.
- April Kepner and Jackson Avery move in with Meredith and Derek, making them part of their 'society'.
- Meredith and Derek try to get pregnant again, even though chances aren't good.
- Alex Karev, single again, has finally settled with the thought of becoming a pediatric surgeon.
- Arizona went to Africa to be a doctor there, leaving Callie, but after a few months she misses Callie a lot and returns.
- Derek starts a clinical trial, trying to find a cure for Alzheimer's, fearing that Meredith might have inherited her mother's condition.
- Mark hasn't given up on Lexie, and is eagerly trying to get her back.
- Teddy makes a hurried decision, and marries a patient, in order to get him medical insurance.
- Callie and Arizona try to rebuild their relationship, but Callie can't forget the fact that Arizona left her without looking back.
- Callie gets pregnant with Mark's baby. Callie, Arizona, and Mark are co-parenting.
- Callie suffers an accident.
- Callie gives birth to a girl and takes time to recover.
- Callie and Arizona get married.
- Meredith and Derek officially and legally get married.
- Meredith and Derek consider adoption, while Cristina finds out she's pregnant with Owen's baby. While Owen is delighted at the news, Cristina is not exactly all pleased with the fact that she's pregnant.
- When Derek finds out what Meredith did, he leaves and that same day, Meredith gets the baby all by herself.
- Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey (22/22)
- Sandra Oh as Dr. Cristina Yang (22/22)
- Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev (22/22)
- Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey (22/22)
- James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber (22/22)
- Sara Ramírez as Dr. Callie Torres (22/22)
- Eric Dane as Dr. Mark Sloan (22/22)
- Chyler Leigh as Dr. Alexandra 'Lexie' Grey (22/22)
- Kevin McKidd as Dr. Owen Hunt (22/22)
- Jessica Capshaw as Dr. Arizona Robbins (20/22)
- Kim Raver as Dr. Teddy Altman (22/22)
- Sarah Drew as Dr. April Kepner (22/22)
- Jesse Williams as Dr. Jackson Avery (22/22)
- Patrick Dempsey as Dr. Derek Shepherd (22/22)
Special Guest Stars
Recurring Guest Stars
- James Tupper as Dr. Andrew Perkins (7/22)
- Jason George as Dr. Ben Warren (1/22)
- Debra Mooney as Evelyn Hunt (1/22)
- Caterina Scorsone as Dr. Amelia Shepherd (1/22)
- Ron Perkins as Roy Henley (2/22)
- Ryan Devlin as Bill Portman (1/22)
- Mandy Moore as Mary Portman (2/22)
- Peter MacNicol as Dr. Robert Stark (7/22)
- Steven W. Bailey as Joe (1/22)
- Scott Foley as Henry Burton (9/22)
- Daniel Sunjata as Nurse Eli Lloyd (6/22)
- Tom Irwin as Marty Hancock (1/22)
- Rachael Taylor as Dr. Lucy Fields (8/22)
- Jeff Perry as Thatcher Grey (1/22)
- Loretta Devine as Adele Webber (4/22)
- Moe Irvin as Nurse Tyler (1/22)
- Héctor Elizondo as Carlos Torres (1/22)
Prominent Guest Stars
- Judith Ivey as Barbara Robbins
- Denis Arndt as Daniel Robbins
- Gina Gallego as Lucia Torres
- Marina Sirtis as Sonya Amin
- Amber Benson as Corrine Henley
- Dale Waddington as OB Resident (1/22)
- Arlene Santana as Nurse (2/22)
- Payton Silver as Dr. Knox (7/22)
- Alixandree Antoine as Nurse (2/22)
- Crystal Kwon as Nurse Jolene (1/22)
- Mark Saul as Dr. Steve Mostow (1/22)
- Leith Burke as Dr. McQueen (1/22)
- Teresa Huang as Nurse Ruth (2/22)
- Rachel Andersen as Nurse Carol (2/22)
- Nicole Cummins as Paramedic Nicole Cummins (2/22)
- Linda Eve Miller as Nurse Melanie (1/22)
- Michael Lesly as Paramedic (1/22)
- Carissa Kosta as Nurse (1/22)
- Ray Singh as Nurse Howard (2/22)
- Brooke Blanchard as Jill Hale (1/22)
- Ray Ford as Ray Sutera (1/22)
- Grace Rowe as Paramedic Grace (2/22)
- Tony Casale as Surgeon Dave (1/22)
- Joyce Thi Brew as Nurse (1/22)
- John O'Brien as Tech Jeffrey (1/22)
- Ariel Felix as Tech (1/22)
- Billy Wood as Code Nurse (1/22)
- Denice Sealy as Liz McKee (2/22)
- Gordon James as Nurse Gregory (1/22)
- T'Shaun Barrett as Jon (1/22)
- Ameenah Kaplan as Makena (1/22)
- Janora McDuffie as Janet Meyers (2/22)
- Melvin Abston as Cop (1/22)
Notes and Trivia
- Jessica Capshaw was pregnant during filming of early season seven episodes. As such, she was shot mostly from the chest up. In one episode, they used a body double for a full-body shot of Arizona Robbins. Arizona leaving for Africa was a plotline to allow Jessica to enjoy her maternity leave.
- This is the first season to not feature Katherine Heigl as Izzie Stevens.
- Jesse Williams's promotion to main cast was announced on June 8, 2010.
- Sarah Drew's promotion to main cast was announced on June 9, 2010.
- All voice overs this season are narrated by Meredith Grey, with only two exceptions:
- This is the last season of Grey's Anatomy with Shonda Rhimes as showrunner.
|No. in series||No. in season||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date|
|127||1||"With You I'm Born Again"||Rob Corn||Krista Vernoff||September 23, 2010|
|The hospital staff is trying to deal with physical and emotional trauma in the wake of the deadly rampage of a vengeful gunman. As Dr. Perkins, a trauma counselor, is brought in to help in the recovery and to assess each doctor's readiness to return to work, Derek makes a spontaneous decision to resign as Chief and rushes back into surgery, taking everything a little too fast, and Cristina buries herself in her wedding planning.|
|128||2||"Shock to the System"||Tom Verica||William Harper||September 30, 2010|
|After weeks of concealing the fact she was pregnant and miscarried, Meredith at last tells Derek and is finally cleared to return to her surgical duties in the wake of the hospital shooting spree; Cristina experiences post-traumatic stress disorder in the midst of an operation; and Bailey refuses to let Alex operate until he agrees to have the bullet in his chest removed.|
|129||3||"Superfreak"||Michael Pressman||Mark Wilding||October 7, 2010|
|When Derek receives an unexpected and unwelcome visit from his estranged sister, Amelia, issues between the siblings -- both past and present -- come to the surface; the Chief tries to help Alex when he notices that he's afraid to use the elevators after his near-fatal shooting; and Meredith and Derek continue their efforts to ease Cristina back into surgery after her post-traumatic stress.|
|130||4||"Can't Fight Biology"||Edward Ornelas||Peter Nowalk||October 14, 2010|
|Things are hostile on all fronts when a visit to the obstetrician results in some disturbing news for Meredith and Derek, and Lexie loses it when she notices Meredith and April getting closer. Meanwhile a car crash brings in multiple traumas and Jackson tries using his physical attributes to get ahead in the operating room, while Cristina's self-doubt carries outside of the hospital and into her house hunting with Owen.|
|131||5||"Almost Grown"||Chandra Wilson||Brian Tanen||October 21, 2010|
|As part of their training, the Chief puts Seattle Grace’s residents — including Meredith, Cristina, Alex, April and Jackson — in charge; meanwhile, Derek, Callie, Owen and the other attending surgeons compete for a million-dollar grant.|
|132||6||"These Arms of Mine"||Stephen Cragg||Stacy McKee||October 28, 2010|
|A documentary film crew visits the hospital six months after the shooting to document the road to recovery for doctors and patients. The camera lenses follow Derek, Owen, Mark, and Callie as they ambitiously perform a rare arm transplant surgery, Meredith helps Cristina put on a brave face for the cameras, and Bailey's patient, Mary, returns for her surgery -- which marks the first time they've all seen of each other since that fateful day.|
|133||7||"That's Me Trying"||Tony Phelan||Austin Guzman||November 4, 2010|
|The residents are pushed to their limits when Owen puts them through a rigorous trauma certification drill. Meanwhile, Cristina is also tested when left alone to monitor a very ill lung transplant patient.|
|134||8||"Something's Gotta Give"||Jeannot Szwarc||William Harper||November 11, 2010|
|Top security measures go into place as a team of doctors, led by the Chief, try to save the life of a major political figure from the Middle East. Meanwhile, Cristina decides to finally decorate her new place and throw a housewarming party, and Alex shows up late from a weekend getaway to his first day of rounds with the new Pediatrics Attending, Dr. Robert Stark.|
|135||9||"Slow Night, So Long"||Rob Bailey||Zoanne Clack||November 18, 2010|
|Derek lands the grant he needs for his clinical trial and all the attendings take him out to Joe's Bar to celebrate, but they get a surprise when they see someone they know already at the bar. Meanwhile, Meredith and Alex have to fend for themselves during the night shift with a nine-year-old patient who's experiencing post-surgical complications and his very pushy mother.|
|136||10||"Adrift and at Peace"||Allison Liddi-Brown||Tony Phelan & Joan Rater||December 2, 2010|
|Despite Meredith's objections to the idea, a concerned Derek takes Cristina on a fishing trip in order to get away from it all, while Teddy, feeling directionless without Cristina, directs all of her efforts and compassion towards a dying patient who lacks the proper insurance to seek medical treatment.|
|137||11||"Disarm"||Debbie Allen||Krista Vernoff||January 6, 2011|
|News of the incoming mass causalities after a gunman opens fire at a local college hits the staff hard when they must spring into action, even while their own wounds are still fresh; and Arizona does not receive a warm welcome home at the hospital.|
|138||12||"Start Me Up"||Mark Jackson||Natalie Krinsky||January 13, 2011|
|Arizona seeks Mark's advice as she tries to reconcile with Callie, who has big news of her own. Teddy must make a key decision for Henry during his surgery and on the same day the residents receive a crop of med students to show around, the Chief announces he is looking for a new Chief Resident.|
|139||13||"Don't Deceive Me (Please Don't Go)"||Kevin McKidd||Mark Wilding||February 3, 2011|
|Derek breaks ground on his Alzheimer's clinical trial and Meredith can't help but feel left out. Bailey's attempt to take the hospital into the age of new media with live tweets from the OR does not go over well with the Chief, and Callie, Mark and Arizona must learn to navigate through the pregnancy together, which starts off with Callie driving her new obstetrician crazy.|
|140||14||"P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)"||Steve Robin||Austin Guzman||February 10, 2011|
|Thatcher Grey, Meredith and Lexie's father, returns to Seattle Grace with stomach pains and a new, twenty-something tattooed girlfriend, Danielle. Meanwhile, Alex clashes with the new OB, Dr. Lucy Fields, over a patient and Mark places Jackson on his service in exchange for information on Lexie.|
|141||15||"Golden Hour"||Rob Corn||Stacy McKee||February 17, 2011|
|Meredith, looking to prove she is Chief Resident material, learns that anything and everything can happen in an hour's time when she steps up to run the ER for a night. Meanwhile, Bailey sneaks off with Eli and gets into a little mischief, and everyone is surprised when the Chief's wife, Adele, shows up as one of the ER patients.|
|142||16||"Not Responsible"||Debbie Allen||Debora Cahn||February 24, 2011|
|Meredith must choose between her fertility treatments and her eyesight when she begins having trouble seeing, Mark makes it clear to Callie and Arizona that he takes his role as father-to-be very seriously, and April discovers there's more to Dr. Stark than first appears.|
|143||17||"This is How We Do It"||Ed Ornelas||Peter Nowalk||March 24, 2011|
|Richard is desperate for Derek and Meredith to accept Adele into their Alzheimer's trial, but will Adele stand in her own way? Meanwhile Mark and Arizona have conflicting ideas of the kind of baby shower Callie wants, Teddy is freaked out when Henry has another health complication -- leaving them both a little exposed -- and the competitiveness among the residents for the Chief Resident position is amplified when Richard receives the green light for his diabetes clinical trial.|
|144||18||"Song Beneath the Song"||Tony Phelan||Shonda Rhimes||March 31, 2011|
|A cataclysmic event shakes the doctors of Seattle Grace to the core, as Callie, on the verge of a life-changing moment with Arizona, envisions her hospital and friends as they have never been seen before.|
|145||19||"It's a Long Way Back"||Steve Robin||William Harper||April 28, 2011|
|Everyone pulls together to help Callie and baby Sofia on their painstaking journeys to recovery in hopes of allowing mother and baby to finally meet. The sudden death of a clinical trial patient has Derek proceeding with more caution while Meredith makes a calculated and risky move. Alex treats a cranky old rich woman dying of cancer and gets an idea for a grandiose endeavor that is sure to get him the Chief Resident spot and Teddy is pleasantly surprised by the return of a familiar face.|
|146||20||"White Wedding"||Chandra Wilson||Stacy McKee||May 5, 2011|
|As Callie and Arizona's wedding approaches, the couple quickly realize that the day they've been looking forward to is not turning out the way they'd envisioned. Meanwhile Alex continues to make the other residents jealous as he appears to be the top contender for Chief Resident, Meredith and Derek make a decision that will change their lives forever, and Dr. Perkins presents Teddy with a very tempting proposition.|
|147||21||"I Will Survive"||Tom Verica||Zoanne Clack||May 12, 2011|
|Personal and work pressures are adding up and have Meredith visibly on edge, Owen conducts formal interviews for the Chief Resident position, Cristina grows increasingly defiant, Alex and Lucy's undefined relationship gets tested, and Jackson suddenly backs out of the Webber's diabetes trial.|
|148||22||"Unaccompanied Minor"||Rob Corn||Debora Cahn||May 19, 2011|
|News of Meredith's dishonesty in the clinical trial comes to light, leading to unanticipated consequences for both her and others. Cristina finds herself in a compromising situation, which forces her to decide between her career and her relationship. Meanwhile, Owen posts his decision for chief resident and Teddy makes a surprising choice regarding her love life -- and her future.|
The "Grey's Anatomy: Complete Seventh Season – More Heartbeats" boxset was released in region 1 on September 13, 2011. On May 28, 2012 and November 2, 2011, the DVD was released in regions 2 and 4 respectively.
The boxset contains the 22 episodes of the season, with one extended. The DVD box contains 6 discs. Other set details are:
- English (Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround)
- Audio Commentaries
Additional to the episodes, the season 7 DVD set also contains a couple of special features:
- Extended Episode — "Song Beneath the Song"
- Dissecting Grey's Anatomy – Unaired Scenes
- "Aren't you the guy who got shot?" - With You I'm Born Again (00:53 min)
- "I want a chance" - With You I'm Born Again (02:32 min)
- "I want to beat you" - With You I'm Born Again (00:37 min)
- "I can do it" - Can't Fight Biology (00:38 min)
- "It just looks easy" - Can't Fight Biology (00:42 min)
- "It is the same OR" - These Arms of Mine (00:27 min)
- "I'm very sorry" - That's Me Trying (00:53 min)
- "I can't go out with you" - Adrift and at Peace (00:41 min)
- "I got married this morning" - Disarm (00:44 min)
- "Why do we...?" - Don't Deceive Me (Please Don't Go) (00:23 min)
- "Bailey broadcasts her surgeries?" - Don't Deceive Me (Please Don't Go) (00:48 min)
- "You guys are too boring for me" - Not Responsible (00:30 min)
- "You're two for two" - Not Responsible (01:05 min)
- "Date your husband" - This is How We Do It (00:48 min)
- "Not off!" - White Wedding (00:32 min)
- "Hi mom" - Unaccompanied Minor (00:21 min)
- In Stitches: Season Seven Outtakes
- The Music Event: Behind the Scenes
- Seattle Grace: Message of Hope – 6 Webisodes