Knight was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, where he became involved with the Guthrie Theater at the age of 5. He went to Annunciation Catholic School in Minneapolis, for grades K-8. Knight received the Conners Foundation Scholarship as a freshman and apprenticed at the Children's Theatre Company. He also worked at the local Red Owl supermarket alongside his brother. After finishing high school at the Academy of Holy Angels in Richfield, Knight enrolled at the University of St. Thomas for a brief period of time. He dropped out and soon landed leading roles at the Guthrie Theater.
On October 4, 2013, Knight married his partner of three years, Patrick Leahy, in Hudson, New York.
- Hello Again (2017)
- A Year and Change (2015)
- 42 (2013)
- Max's Words (short) (2007)
- The Last Request (2006)
- Garmento (2002)
- Genius (2017-2018)
- The Catch (2017)
- When We Rise (mini-series) (2017)
- Broken (2016)
- 11.22.63 (mini-series) (2016)
- Hysteria (2014)
- The Good Wife (2013)
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2011)
- Grey's Anatomy (2005-2009)
- Sesame Street (2006)
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2004)
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (2004)
- Frasier (2003)
- Charlie Lawrence (2003)
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Out of all the Shondaland shows, he follows Scandal, How to Get Away with Murder and The Catch. He also mentioned he's tuned in for Grey's Anatomy from time to time, but still needs to catch up.
- He and Kate Walsh always try to watch each other's plays to support one another.