Derek purchased a large parcel of land in Seattle, on which he lived in a small trailer. When he and Meredith were dating, he shared with her his plan to build a house for them on that land. He had the plans drawn up and first showed them to Meredith after she told him that she did not want him dating other people. After Meredith and Derek were married, Derek showed the plans to Owen and Mark and told them that he broke ground the day he was named chief.
When he and Meredith had a fight, Derek spent the night at the building site.
After the plane crash, construction was completed and Derek and Meredith were able to move into the house with Zola.
The family lived in the house together until after Derek died, when Meredith said it didn't feel like home anymore, prompting her to sell it and buy her old house back from Alex. This caused a temporary rift between her and her sister-in-law Amelia.
- Meredith Grey
- Zola Grey Shepherd
- Derek Bailey Shepherd
- Ellis Shepherd
- Amelia Shepherd
- Derek Shepherd
- Callie Torres
- Sofia Robbin Sloan Torres
Notes and TriviaEdit
- The survivors of the plane crash met there in secret to discuss their plans to prevent the sale of Seattle Grace Mercy West to Pegasus.
- Callie and Sofia lived there briefly while Callie and Arizona were separated.
- The set was torn down during the hiatus between seasons 11 and 12.
- The actual location is Poo Poo Point , Tiger Mountain, in Issaquah, east of Seattle. The lake seen in the distance is Lake Sammamish, viewed from the south.