The Songs Beneath the Show is a benefit concert that took place March 18, 2012. Proceeds from the concert benefited The Actors Fund. It was held at Royce Hall, UCLA, Los Angeles, California. The cast of Grey's Anatomy, plus Ingrid Michaelson and several Grey's Anatomy crew members, put on a show which included performing several of the songs from Song Beneath the Song as well as talking about The Actors Fund and the importance of music on the show. After the concert, attendees who had purchased VIP tickets were allowed to stay for a cast and crew Q&A session.
- Cosy in the Rocket - Sara Ramírez
- Chasing Cars - Sara Ramírez, Kevin McKidd, and Chandra Wilson
- How We Operate - Kevin McKidd
- There's a Girl - Sarah Drew
- Wait - Chandra Wilson and Sarah Drew
- Runnin' on Sunshine - Cast
- Young Folks - Justin Chambers and family
- Everywhere I Go - Chandra Wilson
- Keep Breathing - Ingrid Michaelson
- Looking at the World from the Bottom of a Well - Kevin McKidd
- The Story - Sara Ramírez
- How to Save a Life - Cast
Notes and TriviaEdit
- A running gag was Eric Dane trying to get his music on the show. While he did not sing at the concert, he did play guitar. Sandra Oh was also present and did not sing.
- Ellen Pompeo, Patrick Dempsey, Chyler Leigh, and Jesse Williams did not attend the event.
- Ingrid Michaelson told the story of having her song, Keep Breathing, featured in the season three finale and then performed the song on stage.
- Justin Chambers performed "Young Folks" with three of his kids.
- Attendees who purchased special VIP tickets stayed after the show for a special Q&A session and received tote bags with several show-related souvenirs.