|“||In 1967, surgeons in South Africa performed the first successful heart transplant. The following year, there were 100 heart transplants worldwide. The problem was the patients kept dying. So the following year, transplants fell to 18. Kinda seems like people were a little too eager to celebrate. Surgeons are reluctant to celebrate. Even in succes, we obsess over what could have been better. And don't get me wrong, that self reflection is important. We only get better when we admit our shortcomings, acknowledge our limits. But there are so many moments along the way to celebrate. Some of those moments are bigger than others, and you really don't wanna miss those moments. Because believe me when I say, the bad times are gonna find you all on their own.||”|
When Jackson throws a party to celebrate Catherine’s surgery and those who worked to save her, literally nothing goes as planned. Meanwhile, Helen pays Alex and Jo a surprise visit.
- Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
- Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
- Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
- James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
- Kevin McKidd as Dr. Owen Hunt
- Jesse Williams as Dr. Jackson Avery
- Caterina Scorsone as Dr. Amelia Shepherd
- Camilla Luddington as Dr. Jo Karev
- Kelly McCreary as Dr. Maggie Pierce
- Giacomo Gianniotti as Dr. Andrew DeLuca
- Kim Raver as Dr. Teddy Altman
- Debbie Allen as Dr. Catherine Fox
- Jason George as Dr. Ben Warren
- Greg Germann as Dr. Thomas Koracick
- Lindsay Wagner as Helen Karev
- Kyle Secor as John Dickinson
- Stefania Spampinato as Dr. Carina DeLuca
- Peyton Kennedy as Betty Nelson
- Lorenzo Caccialianza as Dr. Vincenzo DeLuca
- Jaicy Elliot as Dr. Taryn Helm
- Jennifer Grey as Carol Dickinson
There are no patients treated on screen in this episode.
|"Need (Ooh Lala)"||The Phantoms||
|"Got It In You (Acoustic)"||Banners||
Notes and TriviaEdit
- This episode's title originated from the song We Didn't Start the Fire, originally sung by Billy Joel.
- This episode scored 6.99 million viewers.
- This episode makes Grey’s Anatomy the longest-running American primetime medical drama, officially surpassing E.R., which ran for 331 episodes.
- This episode contains no medical cases on screen, although Jo mentions some patients of hers.
Behind the ScenesEdit
A complete overview of this episode's crew can be found here.
|Grey's Anatomy Season 15|
|#01||"With a Wonder and a Wild Desire"||#10||"Help, I'm Alive"||#19||"Silent All These Years"|
|#02||"Broken Together"||#11||"The Winner Takes It All"||#20||"The Whole Package"|
|#03||"Gut Feeling"||#12||"Girlfriend in a Coma"||#21||"Good Shepherd"|
|#04||"Momma Knows Best"||#13||"I Walk the Line"||#22||"Head Over High Heels"|
|#05||"Everyday Angel"||#14||"I Want a New Drug"||#23||"What I Did for Love"|
|#06||"Flowers Grow Out of My Grave"||#15||"We Didn't Start the Fire"||#24||"Drawn to the Blood"|
|#07||"Anybody Have a Map?"||#16||"Blood and Water"||#25||"Jump Into the Fog"|
|#08||"Blowin' in the Wind"||#17||"And Dream of Sheep"|
|#09||"Shelter from the Storm"||#18||"Add It Up"|
|<< Season 14||Season 16 >>|