|“||Here's a partial list of chemicals that our bodies produce when we're falling in love. PEA is a natural form of amphetamine. It puts us on high alert. Pheromones produced from DHEA create an inexplicable sense of wellbeing and comfort. Oxytocin has been called the cuddle hormone and it stimulates the secretion of dopamine, oestrogen and LHRH. This cascade of feel-good hormones and neurotransmitters is also generally accompanied by poor judgment. No wonder they call it crazy in love. When we're in love, the prefrontal cortex, where we make most of our good, rational decisions, goes into sleep mode. And the amygdala, which activates our threat response defences, calls in sick. Which leaves us pretty vulnerable to take more risks. And left alone without our normal neurological protections, we might find ourselves in dangerous and unexpected places we normally wouldn't dream of going.||”|
Maggie treats one of Station 19's own, and Jo learns a hard lesson. Meanwhile, when working with a family seeking asylum, Meredith makes a call that could jeopardize her career.
- Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
- Justin Chambers as Dr. Alex Karev
- Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
- James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
- Kevin McKidd as Dr. Owen Hunt
- Jesse Williams as Dr. Jackson Avery
- Caterina Scorsone as Dr. Amelia Shepherd
- Camilla Luddington as Dr. Jo Karev
- Kelly McCreary as Dr. Maggie Pierce
- Giacomo Gianniotti as Dr. Andrew DeLuca
- Kim Raver as Dr. Teddy Altman
- Jason George as Dr. Ben Warren
- Jaina Lee Ortiz as Lieutenant Andy Herrera
- Chris Carmack as Dr. Atticus Lincoln
- Boris Kodjoe as Captain Robert Sullivan
- Greg Germann as Dr. Thomas Koracick
- Brett Tucker as Fire Chief Lucas Ripley
- McNally Sagal as Kari Donnelly
- Jake Borelli as Dr. Levi Schmitt
- Ali Hillis as Lori Carter
- Bill Harper as Therapist
- Omar Leyva as Luis Rivera
- Alex Landi as Nico Kim
- John O'Brien as Lab Tech
- Aniela Gumbs as Zola
- Christian Ganiere as Gus Carter
- Allyson Juliette as Gabriella "Gabby" Rivera
- Karla E. Rodriguez as Nurse
- Intestinal blockage
- Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma
- Exploratory laparotomy
Gabby, 4, came into the ER with abdominal pain. She didn't know how long she'd had it. They did a CT, which showed an intestinal blockage. They did an air enema, hoping it would resolve it, but it didn't work, so they ran a CT, which showed a mass, so they scheduled an exploratory laparotomy and a biopsy diagnosed non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. In order to get her medical care covered, they had to devise a plan to keep her in the hospital for more than a month.
- Aortic stenosis
- Systolic crescendo-decrescendo murmur
- Lactic acidosis
Lucas came into the hospital after collapsing on the sidewalk. He had a scalp laceration from hitting the sidewalk. in the ER, they did a syncope workup and a head CT. Maggie did a TEE and a stress test after his scalp laceration was stapled in the ER. Amelia looked at his head CT and cleared him neurologically. Then Maggie told him he'd need open heart surgery to replace his valve. Because some of disparities between his condition and his diagnosis, Maggie wanted to keep him for more tests. However, before his lab results, which showed worsening hypocalcemia and lactic acidosis, could come back, he fled the hospital.
- Interior shoulder dislocation
- Closed reduction
Nico, with Levi's help, reduced a shoulder dislocation.
While building with Gus, Jo received a phone call that there was a patient in Canada who also had RHnull blood. Jo shared the news with Alex and Gus's mom, but later found out that they needed a donor, which meant Gus wasn't getting his blood.
- Amelia Shepherd (neurosurgeon)
- Stem cell transplant
Kari was working with physical therapists to move her arms, but was not able to make any independent movements.
|"Way Back In"||Ages and Ages||
|"Back From the Fire"||Gold Brother||
Notes and Trivia
- This episode's title originated from the song What I Did for Love, originally from A Chorus Line.
- This episode scored 6.96 million viewers.
- This is the first part of a cross-over with Station 19 that continues on Always Ready.
- Jake Borelli and Jaicy Elliot watched the cross-over episodes at Brett Tucker's house with Barrett Doss, Danielle Savre, Jaina Lee Ortiz, Alberto Frezza and Bre Blair.
Behind the Scenes
A complete overview of this episode's crew can be found here.
|Grey's Anatomy Season 15|
|#01||"With a Wonder and a Wild Desire"||#10||"Help, I'm Alive"||#19||"Silent All These Years"|
|#02||"Broken Together"||#11||"The Winner Takes It All"||#20||"The Whole Package"|
|#03||"Gut Feeling"||#12||"Girlfriend in a Coma"||#21||"Good Shepherd"|
|#04||"Momma Knows Best"||#13||"I Walk the Line"||#22||"Head Over High Heels"|
|#05||"Everyday Angel"||#14||"I Want a New Drug"||#23||"What I Did for Love"|
|#06||"Flowers Grow Out of My Grave"||#15||"We Didn't Start the Fire"||#24||"Drawn to the Blood"|
|#07||"Anybody Have a Map?"||#16||"Blood and Water"||#25||"Jump Into the Fog"|
|#08||"Blowin' in the Wind"||#17||"And Dream of Sheep"|
|#09||"Shelter from the Storm"||#18||"Add It Up"|
|<< Season 14||Season 16 >>|